Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Problem with Photographer (A. Marks)

So, a loooong while ago I booked Amanda Marks as my photographer at a bridal show. I wanted Stacy, but he was unavailable, so I booked with Amanda instead. We were on a budget and so all I ordered was a disc of our photos. It's been nearly 2 months since our wedding and she won't return my phone calls or emails. Now her voicemail box is full. Upon further review I see I'm not the only person with this issue.

Anyone have any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Problem with Photographer (A. Marks)

• Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Assuming you had a contract with Amanda Marks, if you have a friend who's an attorney see if they would mind doing you a favor to send a letter on official letterhead stationery as a scare tactic asking her to respond to your inquiries and send the disc as per your contract.

If you can't get the situation resolved I would try reporting her to the Better Business Bureau.  I was once able to get money back from the phone company this way.

If worse comes to worse you can also consider taking the matter to small claims court, an attorney will know more about this.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    or 6 on your side...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would contact Fox 8's consumer hotline. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid if I make too much of a ruckus that I'll never see my pictures. I'd hate to have no pictures memorializing my big day. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She already has an F on the BBB website. You saw the thread below with many many complaints about her. I would ask those ladies if they have had any luck, but it sounds like this woman just doesn't care.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's why you need to expose this b**ch publically on TV.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If possible, perhaps you should go to her studio.  Since she already has an F with BBB and your goal is to get your photos, I think you might do better to approach her in person.  It's easy to blow someone off on the phone but hard to do when you are face to face.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would but she has since moved and her new address is not on her webpage, of course. : \
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ever meet with her in person prior to your wedding?
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call Stacy Marks to complain. 
  • Options
    I've been waiting a year to get my albums from her. She never returned calls or emails. She pretty much took my $ and ran. Filing a complaint with the BBB did nothing. My lawyer said to send a certified letter (which all I had was the Helen St address - where Stacy works) so I mailed it there, it was rejected and returned. My lawyer said to take her to small claims court in metairie (since this is the parish where I signed the contract.) I think it's only $100 to file with the court, so you may have to do that. If Stacy refered you, was married to her when you signed and profiting from her work, then he is more than likely legally responsible too. You can try and get her address from him but if he doesn't have the files, then he can't send you a cd, so that's no help. I think exposing her on tv is the way to go. I noted at leaste 12 other brides going through this. I will help you in any way I can. Just respond to this message if you want with an email. I'm sorry you are going through this. I understand how upsetting it is to have you memories of your special day lost. 
  • Options
    katylady, private message me, please.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Her home address is 4445 Perkins Street #306 Metairie, LA 70001. Her new email is agagnard1@gmail.com. You can also find her on Facebook as "Amanda Ganard". I am also a disgruntled bride and know she lives there. I've been to her place many times before the wedding. I am her friend on Facebook and she is still ignoring me... I have posted on her wall, sent private messages and emails. I've even gone to her house. Her car was there but she didn't answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards