Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Eloping 3/8/13 in NOLA!! Question?

Hello everyone!  I've been lurking on this board for sometime now gathering info for my wedding next week. :)  It's only me and the df going and I think I've got everything in line now except for my hair and makeup.  We are staying at the holiday inn french quarter, are there any good salons around that area that do hair and makeup for around $100 or less?  Or should I call someone like two sisters to have them come to me?  I read that they don't charge to travel into NOLA but on their site it said they charge $50...

Other than that I've decided we are getting married in the city park that afternoon, John Zimmer is marrying us, and I've got Davillier photography coming for pics.  I was a little suprised that John Zimmer was charging us $275 for only two people in the park on a friday afternoon...

Re: Eloping 3/8/13 in NOLA!! Question?

• Options
    Two sisters must have changes their policy. I didn't realize. Sorry for the misinformation.
  • Options
    Color bar salon on Magazine St. does a great job with hair, and as for makeup if you don't want to pay for someone to go to you I would go to saks and get makeup done at one of the counters.
  • Options
    You could get hair and makeup done at Paris Parker in Canal Place.  I don't know what the pricing is like.  I don't think you could get anyone to travel to you for just one person.  Your best bet is to go to a salon and have it done.

I used Ginger Dickey at Color Bar Salon and she was great.  There is also a girl there named Kerri who does makeup for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    Hi!. I actually have my contract for Two Sisters in front of me and it says " travel fee will be added if OUTSIDE metro New Orleans area". I took that to mean to charge to come into french quarter? Email them just in case: ginatros@yahoo.com.  had my trail and they did a nice job on hair and makeup. I was happy with it. Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_eloping-3813-in-nola-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:4dfcc889-9f84-4cfa-b572-e47d99019a34Post:0bf72336-f5ad-40bd-9721-ab3af890fa0b">Re: Eloping 3/8/13 in NOLA!! Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!. I actually have my contract for Two Sisters in front of me and it says " travel fee will be added if OUTSIDE metro New Orleans area". I took that to mean to charge to come into french quarter? Email them just in case:  ginatros@yahoo.com.   had my trail and they did a nice job on hair and makeup. I was happy with it. Good luck!
    Posted by yenvanvo[/QUOTE]

<div>sorry, typo: *no* charge</div>
  • Options
    Great! Thanks for responding! I'll check out two sisters and color bar salon :)
  • Options
    I've heard great things about Kinetix salon on Bienville in the FQ.
  • Options
    let me know how it goes.  i'm not getting married until next march, but i would love to hear about your hair and makeup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards