Louisiana-New Orleans

Young Pinstripes Brass Band...anyone used them?

Hi!
  I have the Yound Pinstripes Brass Band scheduled for my second line in 3 weeks, but I am starting to get nervous over the informality of it all!  I have seen clips on YouTube and seen them at public events, so I know they sound good.  COntract singing and turning over deposit were done in person and easily, but, for example, I emailed them with some questions today as I'm checking in with all my vendors and they always respond with one word answers and very informally.  Just hoping someone out there can vouch for these guys before I panic and change groups!

Re: Young Pinstripes Brass Band...anyone used them?

• I'll vouch.  We are using them too.  My friend hired them to do a second line for her birthday a few weeks ago (we both signed them around the same time) - they all showed up on time (early), and it happened to be pouring rain that day - they played in the rain.  So I think that says a lot.  I didn't hear any complaints out of them.   I'm still confident in our choice.  We had a great time second-lining in the rain and the music was awesome.  I'd recommend calling Herbert for any questions as I don't think he uses email much. He did respond to my texts quickly and more thoroughly than emails.  

Also, our photographer used them for his wedding - his recommendation was really why we went with them.  And after seeing them perform in a second-line I'm happy with the decision and can't wait for ours!

I'm not sure if you care what they wear, but when we saw them it was informal - if you want them to dress up you may need to specifically talk to them about that. For most bands, that is one reason they may charge more for weddings.  I haven't asked them what they'd wear for ours b/c I don't really have a preference. But if you're worried about informality I think that's something you'd want to address beforehand. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_young-pinstripes-brass-bandanyone-used-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:4eab0cbc-07e0-4fda-8cc2-6f613519cf04Post:a1a625ed-2abd-46d1-9fc9-8b4c94b7a09a">Re: Young Pinstripes Brass Band...anyone used them?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll vouch.  We are using them too.  My friend hired them to do a second line for her birthday a few weeks ago (we both signed them around the same time) - they all showed up on time (early), and it happened to be pouring rain that day - they played in the rain.  So I think that says a lot.  I didn't hear any complaints out of them.   I'm still confident in our choice.  We had a great time second-lining in the rain and the music was awesome.  I'd recommend calling Herbert for any questions as I don't think he uses email much. He did respond to my texts quickly and more thoroughly than emails.   Also, our photographer used them for his wedding - his recommendation was really why we went with them.  And after seeing them perform in a second-line I'm happy with the decision and can't wait for ours! I'm not sure if you care what they wear, but when we saw them it was informal - if you want them to dress up you may need to specifically talk to them about that. For most bands, that is one reason they may charge more for weddings.  I haven't asked them what they'd wear for ours b/c I don't really have a preference. But if you're worried about informality I think that's something you'd want to address beforehand. 
    Posted by derksenriley[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks so much for your response!  I do feel better after hearing this!  I met with my reception coordinator this morning who had me even more worried, as apparently she has had some bad experiences recently (though, absolutely none of those were with the Young Pinstripes).  I called Herb though and he was very awesome by phone and agreed to meet in person again one more time before the wedding to go over things!  I'm feeling tons better now!  He told me when we met last time that for weddings they all wear white shirts and black pants.  Thanks again!</div><div>

</div>
  • Glad to help! Our wedding is about a month after yours, would love to hear your reviews!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards