Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Cake Bakers

I have 2 cake tastings this weekend - The Sweet Life and Royal Cakery.   Can anyone give reviews on either or both of these?   

Thanks!

Re: Cake Bakers

• Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the royal cakery, everything was tasty. We went with chocolate with gamache filling and red velvet. The amaretto filling was nice also. The owner, Shirelle is awesome, and just genuinely good Nola people.
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Went to Royal Cakery and LOVED the cake!!  But...I thought it was very expensive.  We're using Gambino's.  Queen Jane, that chocolate ganache filling is amazing!!  Good choice!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We tried Gambino's but they served us stale cake at the tasting!!! We went with Maurices in Metairie and they gave us the best prices too.

Although I am sure Gambino's was just having an off day when we were there.

Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    themadplannerthemadplanner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a tasting at the Royal Cakery and it was fantastic, although we opted to go with Flour Power because I just felt like she did a more formal cake, which is what I want.  But we were really wowed by Royal Cakery too. 

Gambino's is definitely going to be less costly than a baker that just does wedding cakes only.  And I have to agree with a previous person that Maurice's is great. I grew up in New Orleans, and Maurice's is just fabulous.
  • Options
    meredithcheekmeredithcheek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i know royal cakery is expensive but you get what you pay for.  their cakes are fabulous!  i had very traditional 3 tiered cake but the inside was red velvet.  the cake was so beautiful and tasted fabulous.  my husband wanted an iphone grooms cake w/ each icon to have meaning.  i was almost embarrassed to send the exact details to shirelle and royal cakery bc he was so specific.  the week before the wedding the owner kept telling me how excited they were to make the cake.  we received so many compliments.  the cakes were perfect! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    With our catering package we have to go with either Swiss or Haydel's, but I've heard really, really good things about Royal Cakery. =)

And rrupp1966, I've had stale cake from Gambino's more than once, so I'm actually not surprised you were served stale cake at your tasting!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards