Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

No Cathedral Bathrooms?

Can someone please enlighten me....I read in the st.louis cathedral contract that there are no restrooms inside. Where do guests go then? What if i need a ladies room?

Re: No Cathedral Bathrooms?

• Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering about this also. I saw that in their informational packet, and couldn't believe it, so I looked it up online. I found a blog where a woman confirms it and said that she was at the Cathedral for another purpose (not a wedding) with a small child and when the child had to go to the restroom, they ended up having to wander around Jackson Square trying to find restrooms.

I find it hard to believe that there are no restrooms, since they have employees who work in the gift shop, etc. It seems like there must be restroom facilities SOMEWHERE on the premises, just maybe not available to the public.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is correct.  No bathrooms, no taking pictures in the Church after the ceremony, no late starts or you will have to forego the full Mass if you are having one.  They are pretty strict from what I understand.  lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gee whiz! I wonder about my elderly family members. I'm concerned about that.
  • Options
    sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also worried about some of our elderly guests. This could present a problem for them or put them in an uncomfortable situation, and I think that it's something they should be aware of so that they can plan accordingly.

Would it be appropriate to indicate somewhere on our wedding website that the Cathedral does not have bathroom facilities? I feel like it's awkward mentioning the bathroom, but I do think it is something that some guests need to know.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would mention it on your wedding web site, which can definitely be done in a polite way ("The St. Louis Cathedral is a historic building which lacks restroom facilities") and let the people you're concerned about know through word of mouth.  Even with the duration of a Mass, everyone should be okay if they know :-)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in NO this week and asked my planner about this. She confirmed that it is correct and sometimes they will send people over to Muriel's if there is a necessity (but obviously with no guarantee they will allow people to use their restrooms). So it looks like we need to figure out a polite and discreet way to inform our guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards