Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

catering estimation in new orleans?

hi - i'm debating whether to use an all-inclusive reception venue, or pick one that will let me bring in my own catering and beverages.  I know you can save a ton by bringing in your own liquor, but how much should you generally budget per person for outside catering?  All the caterers I've looked up are so hesitant to give you an estimate because they can 'cater' to your budget, but I am just looking for a ball-park figure to determine whether it's worth the extra hassle!  Anyone have a good rule of thumb?

Re: catering estimation in new orleans?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What I know is that most venues aren't going to give you a "per person" minimum, but they'll give you an overall food/beverage minimum to book the place. For example, the Audubon Gofl Club is 1500 rental and a 4500 dollar food and beverage minimum on a Sunday. 

Average from what I have heard on a Saturday usually ends up being about 7000 food and beverage minimum.

I have no clue how that plays out with private caterers. 

ETA: most venues will do an hourly bar rate. In my experience a full, open bar tends to be around 20 per person for 3 hours. 
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our food is $34 per person, not includeding alcohol.

Our alcohol depended on what type of alcohol we choose and I don't remember what it was pp to be honest.

We didn't have a food and beverage minimum as far as I know. they quote for a 100 people in their mock package which was like 8200(with alcohol and food), but for some reason for more people it was only a few thousand more and not double?
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just remember that a lot of the all inclusive places include chairs, tables, etc.  If you hire a caterer, you'll need to rent tables, linens, etc which definitely add up and will be another vendor for you to deal with.
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing all inclusive.

Our venue includes chairs and tables, so no, you won't necessarily need to rent those depending on your location. We will need to find linens though.

Our package will wind up being around $42 per person including bar. The cakes are  also included, but we had already ordered ours so we will likely get a reduction in price. The caterer brings their own sevring tables, linens for them and plates, glassware etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards