Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

HI =) My fiance and I are considering a NOLA wedding. We live in Mobile, Al but NOLA is only a short drive away, and one of our favorite places to visit. We actually sent in a request for booking at Jackson Square yesterday. Has anyone ever had or been to a wedding there? Suggestions? I have no idea about the reception though. I don't want anything too fancy and it will probably be small, no more than 75 people. The ceremony venue and the date are the only things we've got so far so I would be so grateful to any suggestions and/or cute ideas! Thanks so much, Anna

Re: Newbie

• Options
    I would suggest a second line to your reception venue. It really make the wedding fun!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Second lines are a lot of fun.  Since you're anticipating 75 or so guests, you will have a lot of options for reception venues space wise.  We were looking in the Quarter and our guest count was fairly limiting.  Check with the various restaurants, a lot of them are rather nice and require little to no decorations.
  • Options
    Hey Newbie! Congrats. If you do a new orleans wedding you have to hire Brenda Sison as your photographer and Southern Oaks Plantation for your venue!
  • Options
    yea with that size and in the quarter you can second line to a number of restaurants for your recpetion. Brennan's, Brousards, House of Blues, Court of 2 sisters, Pat O's on the river... congrats on your engagement!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks so much for the ideas so far. do any of you know anything about Tujague's? May be a reception possibility.
  • Options
    Galvez Restaurant
    Tabby's Shots - she knows some other vendors too
    No Idea Band
    Studio Vieux Carre videography
    Urban Earth Design Studios or Bella Blooms
    Omega sound Entertainment dj

Yes Second Line!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards