Louisiana-New Orleans

dress steaming in New Orleans/Jefferson Parish?

Does anyone know of a good place to get a wedding dress steamed (to get wrinkles out)? Preferably in Metairie or Kenner...
I hope I'm posting this on the New Orleans board this time, if not, can anyone help me figure out how that works?
Thank you!!!

Re: dress steaming in New Orleans/Jefferson Parish?

• My mom took my wedding dress to be cleaned at the dry cleaners that is not Econo Cleaners on Transcontinental.  I'm sure econo cleaners does a great job too though.  There are two right near each other that specialize in wedding dresses. 
  • I got a quote from One Cleaners in New Orleans.  I'm hoping that by the time I travel with my dress to New Orleans next week I will not need it, because the quote was $325 for them to pick up my dress and veil from the hotel, steam it, and return in.  I've read good reviews about them and their website claims they specialize in this, but God I hope I don't have to spend that time of money.  But I am terrified of using a handheld steamer and messing up my dress! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think my mom actually may have taken my dress to Econo Cleaners with One Cleaners being the other dry cleaner.  I think the price for preserving my dress was the same as you were quoted for steaming!
  • My dress is duchess satin with alot of pickups, so I'm assuming that's why it's so expensive.  :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I'll check out Econo cleaners!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards