Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Destination Wedding Question

Hi Al!

I'm so excited to be having our destination wedding in the great cty of NOLA! My question is this:

If it's a destination wedding, and everyone is from out of town, are we supposed to pay for everyone for the welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner, , reception, and any activities? Does everyone get invited to the rehearsal dinner, or just the bridal party?

I was thinking of paying for the welcome dinner, a group ghost tour, the rehearsal dinner (but only for the bridal party), and (of course) the reception. Does this sound acceptable? Should I also be springing for a morning after brunch?

TIA!!!!
image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**

Re: Destination Wedding Question

• Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How will the welcome dinner differ from the rehearsal dinner?  Are people coming in town before the rehearsal?  I don't think you have to host anything other than the wedding reception, but the other events are a nice gesture.  Where will your reception be?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's at Muriels! Very excited!
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing you are required to pay for is the reception, and RD if you are having one. Anything else is a nice gesture, but not required.
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a lot of OOT guests. The only thing that we are doing is having room blocks set aside for them.

For the rehearsal dinner we are having them all bring their SO and if they have children they are invited has well since they will be traveling from OOT, nothing else.

Some people do welcome bags and other things like you mentioned such as the ghost tour.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding in New Orleans this October is also a destination wedding.  I pay for my guests reception and rehearsal dinner for my wedding party. I made room blocks in a few hotels to accomodate different budgets. I am planning (we'll see if there is any money left in the budget) to put together OOT bags for everyone. We will have 50-60 guests.
    Inviting everyone to rehearsal/welcome dinner wouldn't make sense....  I think you do that only when most of your guests are local and there is only a small group of OOT guests.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards