Louisiana-New Orleans

Need Some Florist Input

Hi ladies-- hope you guys can help me figure out the last of my vendors.  I've been in touch with a few florists but haven't committed.

CHRISTINE O'MALLEY
She's lovely and accommodating but I haven't seen any samples of her work that include the kind of arrangements I want.  I want them tall, dramatic, large (I'll include a sample pic at the bottom).  Has anyone had her do these kind of arrangements?  Based o your experience with her, do you think it's too tall an order for her? (pun, not intended).  She's quoted me in the $80-135 range and that just seems low.  Or am I just used to crazy NYC prices?  Have any pics of something similar she's done for you?

BELLA BLOOMS
I've seen lots of samples that look just like what I want but dealing with them has been, less than perfect.  They've been totally unaccommodating about my being OOT.  Wont discuss a single thing over the phone or in e-mail.  Can't just say if they're within my budget or not, and are inflexible about trying to set up a meeting during our 4-day visit.  Refused to accommodate our schedule/location on the last visit.  We'd have to rent a car to make it happen on this visit so just trying to figure out if they're worth it.  Would love to hear about anyone elses' experience with them.  Is it worth this aggravation?

Anyone have any experience with any other florist I should consider?

I want arrangements of this size & height, with different colors, and mix of flowers:

TIA!

Re: Need Some Florist Input

• edited December 2011
    Did Christina email you pics of her work? From what I remember, one of the arrangement pics she sent me looks very similar to your second pic. I am aiming for the same look and got a similar quote. I sent her a bunch of pics as inspiration and she said no problem, and sent me some examples of her work. When I get to my office in the morning, I'll look at them again and can send them to you if you would like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you could try perfect presentations. Johnny Lopez, the owner, is awesome and they are use to doing weddings and events in new orleans. I think along with bella blooms they're the best in town.
    Perfect Presentations
    Johnny Lopez
    504-522-7442, ext. 1
    Auldtyme@aolcom
    they have a website too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Bella Blooms and Dee has been very nice and helpful. I'm not OOT so I understand your situation is different, but she's been more than accommodating with me. I know they are always super busy--both times I called to make an appointment the earliest available date was at least two weeks later. Her work is exquisite (I know the first picture you posted is hers) and I'm very excited about having her as my florist. I'll send you a PM with the pricing of some of my arrangements.
    Photobucket
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, ladies-- this has been very helpful!

NO2012 that's reassuring to hear aboout Christina-- I'd love to see the pics when you get a chance.

Carole, I actually have been in touch with them and like their work.

Courtney, thanks for the PM! 
  • edited December 2011
    No problem, I sent you another reply. If you have any other questions, let me know!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We "tried on" Christina at my engagement party last weekend. My mom asked her to do a nice fall arrangement for $100 including delivery, and it was great. I thought we got great bang for our buck, so we're booking her. I think she's cheaper because some of the overhead that a floral shop has is eliminated since she works out of her home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards