Louisiana-New Orleans

Reception Venue

Hey guys,
     My fiance and I are looking to get married May 10th or 11th next year. We are currently looking for reception venues however are running into difficulities in finding a place that is reasonably priced. Does anybody have any ideas? I tried the Balcony and the Champagne palace and they are booked up on those days.

Re: Reception Venue

• Check Magnolia Plantation in Elmwood, Southern Oaks Plantation, Four Columns or La Maison Creole on the Westbank, Cedar Grove Tchopitoulas Plantation, or Heritage Hall in Kenner -- My aunt was married here and it was nice.  They have a chapel on site.

Good luck!
  • What is your budget?
  • There is also the Castle which looks gorgeous and I have heard its cheap. Its a bit out of town though. 

Also try Benachi House
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try the Wax Museum (Musee Conti) in the Quarter.  While there is a rental fee, there is no food & bev minimum (which I found to be rare during my hunt), they supply the tables, linens, chivari chairs, and candelabras if you want.  You can also bring in outside catering, which can possibly save money.  You do have to use their bar, but it is reasonably priced.  They can accommodate your ceremony as well.  Beth, their coordinator, is fantastic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is your budget and how many guests do you plan on inviting?

• Thanks guys! We're trying to keep the budget for the entire wedding 20,000 or under with 150 guests. 
  • we're having our wedding at the benachi house.  it's $1500 for the venue because it's on a sunday.  i think it's normally $2000 for a saturday.
  • I know Southern Oaks has cheaper pricing on Fridays or Saturday day weddings.  They're very reasonable considering everything you get.  I mean if you're on a budget, you could just walk in to a really beautiful reception without having to do anything but bring a cake.  Magnolia Plantation is also very affordable, doesn't have the wow factor I think Southern Oaks has but is still nice and more budget friendly.  I'm keeping ours under 20k as well.  We are using Southern Oaks on a Friday night, have Sabree Hill as our photographer (package price is $1290 for 6 hours), All About You, LLC for video for $795, got invitations from weddingpaperdivas.com for about $1.74 a piece, did save the dates on vistaprint.com for $25 for 100, wedding dress from The Bridal Boutique on Severn for $1200 (which was my splurge and one of the more expensive dresses in the store).  This city has great finds; you can definitely be a budget bride but still get high quality services.  Something for bridesmaids...ebridalsuperstore.com is accredited by the BBB and has everything you could want (I picked out dresses that were $220 in a store but found them on this site for $157, they came in and are beautiful).  Ok I'm done, just excited to share my budget-friendly finds :)
  • We also used Benachi on a Sunday. Our budget was similar, so it's doable. Also try the park view terrace at city park.
  • I second parkview terrace in city park. I'm getting married there in October and have a similar budget and head count. 
  • Our is at the Riverview Room in jax brewery and I know that you can keep it under budget there. I think the minimum on saturday nights is 200 people but Saturday during the day and any other day has a lower minimum or no minimum i think.
  • Have you checked out Board of Trade?
  • I would also check out the Federal Ballroom.
  • Definately try galvez!!! No rental fee with a 10,000 food and drink minimum on Saturday tax inclusive. also The Parish the House of blues which are very affordable and minimizes the need for flowers
  • Also rivervuew room gives a great discount if u have a day wedding on Saturday
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_reception-venue-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:8127eb72-7a82-4405-91d9-1fdf71106eebPost:1322826e-353d-4f23-bfb2-cadf905a6ca2">Re:Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definately try galvez!!! No rental fee with a 10,000 food and drink minimum on Saturday tax inclusive. also The Parish the House of blues which are very affordable and minimizes the need for flowers
    Posted by Alicat416[/QUOTE]

What??? that is awesome!  I got a 9k minimum at the Bourbon Orleans for a Friday night, but it didn't include tax or gratuity so it will come in around 12k
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    City Park has a lot of nice venues, and really good catering.  They do tend to book up though, although if you're willing to go for a Friday or Sunday, they'll have more openings.  You also get free access to all City Park sites for photos, which they charge $50 for non-City Park brides.  Edit: Also check out Muriel's, they only have a food and drink minimum on Saturday nights, the decor is really nice (meaning less decorations needed on your part), and they have really good food.
  • Did Muriels recently change their policy?
    I have a reception scheduled there next year and there is a minimums
    We have one of the smaller rooms for 30 people and there is a 2500 minimum prior to taxes/grauities
    The larger room that fits 50 is 4500 and Im sure it goes up from there.

Also, my event is on a Monday!
  • We talked to Muriel's last August, and there was only a minimum for Saturday night, $15k I think.  We were going to rent out the entire second floor for 150 people, but it had to be over by a certain time if it was on a Saturday to avoid the minimum, maybe 5 pm?  My cousin hosted his daughter's christening brunch there on a Sunday around the same time we were looking and there was no minimum for that either, and it was in one of the sides upstairs.  
  • Has anyone checked out Rosey Jazz Hall?  They seem affordable, but I have not seen it in person.  They have received rave reviews.  I am traveling to NOLA next month to check it out.
  • I was Muriel's yesterday and they have minimums for Friday night too. From 5500 to 6500..... I wanted to have our rehearsal dinner there
  • Thanks guys for all your help! 
  • Go see Galvez Restaurant in the French Quarter on the river -- its really nice.

also these other vendors
    www.tabbysshots.com
    studio vieux carre
    no idea band
    omega sound entertainment dj
    urban earth design studios or bella blooms

• Fleur de Lis Event Center Mandeville La
    Mrs.Downs 06/10/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards