Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner Help

Hi Knotties!

I was wondering if anyone can advise on some good locations and ideas for a rehearsal dinner in the French Quarter. We are paying for our wedding ourselves so we are looking to keep the budget to under $1,500 for the dinner. 

We have 25 guests for the dinner, intially we were hoping to have it at a place we have already been to that we loved but unfortunately the budget is getting in the way. Can anyone recommend a good location or restaurant that is budget friendly?

Thank you so much for your help!! 
Michelle

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help

• Hi!  Are you looking for something very formal or informal?  Have you tried the House of Blues?  You could aslo try to do a fixed menu...that may help with the budget.  You could also try Pat O's...they have a room upstairs.  I hope that helps.
  • We are having our rehearsal dinner at Bourbon House for 26 guests and not expecting it to cost over 1100. The most expensive menu items (we didn't choose) were $41. We chose entrees that are 27 and 25 bucks a piece. Guests will get a soup or salad, choice of entree and dessert - no booze. 

We are having a rehearsal lunch which is cutting down on costs for us.
  • Perhaps check out Cafe' Amelie and also Toujagues in the Quarter...
    dml
  • Tujague's was very accomodating for ours and worked with us on a menu to fit our budget.  You should definitely give them a call to see what options they can offer.  The food and service was fantastic and we were upstairs with the balcony which added a nice touch.
  • We did ours at Domenica for $1500 for 30 people, including tax and tip.  We ate in the main dining room during happy hour so that really cut down on the cost of drinks (1/2 price) and we didn't specify that people order anything specific but a lot of people ordered pizzas which are 1/2 price during happy hour.  Their food is awesome.  However you have to be willing to have a pretty casual rehearsal dinner and it is loud in there so we didn't end up doing any speeches or toasts.  (We were split into 3 tables of 10, all in one section, so H and I mingled around a good bit but everyone else kind of stayed put - we didn't assign seats but it ended up being roughly split up with his family, my family and then bridal party each taking a table, it was fun). They do have a private dining room but it was too small for our group and they don't do the specials in the private room.  I want to say that it holds 25 cozily but you could look into that. 
  • Thank you so much for the posts and ideas ladies! First off I am sorry for my late reply, I checked email me the responses but I never received any so I figured no one replied. :)

All of these places definitely will work for us and luckily they are places we have been before. (which we preferred... we didn't just want to have it in a random place we haven't experienced ourselves yet). 

It looks like I have my work cut out for me, I didn't research any of these places yet so I cannot begin to say how grateful I am for your suggestions. 
  • We're using Acme Oyster House on Iberville. They have a private room, and lots of package options. Our dinner is March 8, 2013, so I'll post reviews after!
  • Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to thank you again for everyone's advice. After researching and talking to a few of your suggested venues we decided to go with the Bourbon House. Their menu and pricing just couldn't be beat. Plus their coordinator Mary is super sweet! =)

Good luck with all of your planning!!! 
  • Just was at a crazy pre wedding party at Mother's.  I am sure they did not spend a great deal.
  • We were considering mothers but it seemed like it may be out of our budget. Plus even though my fiance walked there many times we think it may be a bit of a hike for our parents. Having a dinner at mothers would have been amazing though. Mmm... I could use some mothers right now. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards