Louisiana-New Orleans

Hotel Provincial Room block

Has anyone had experience staying or booking rooms for their wedding at the Hotel Provincial in the French Quarter?  If so, any feedback?  Trying to decide if we should book there for one of our hotel options in the quarter or not.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel Provincial Room block

• we stayed there a couple of years back.  Its very convenient to the French Market and Frenchman St bars/clubs....not a bad walk to Bourbon....you just have to know exactly where you are going as its not as traveled late at night back to Proincial.  Great staff...loved our room but areas are somewhat chopped up...I think it must have been several different buildings that have been walled off. Maybe we were in an older section but there was no elevator if that makes a difference in the section we were in...but loved the balconies and ambiance..clean but dated. not much parking there
  • I decided not to do "room blocks" because everywhere in the city (just about) requires 2 night minimums on the weekends so I called around to several hotels to find a way around this (just about all of my guests are local so it really isn't convenient for anyone to have to reserve 2 nights).  I found out how many of our friends and family wanted a room (which really didn't take as much time as I thought it would), called Hotel Provincial and told them I needed X amount of rooms for 1 night.  They asked if it was for a wedding and I'm terrible at lying so I told her yes, she offered me a block and when I told her why I wanted to decline "room blocking" she was very accomodating and booked me those rooms for just the 1 night at the room block (discounted) price.  We love the grounds and have stayed there every time we do a "staycation", it is a few separate buildings but has a small boutique feel, and yes it's very dated but clean (but I think that's part of its charm :)  The location is great but on a quieter part of the quarter so just be careful late at night (but you have to be careful and vigilant just about everywhere).  Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards