Louisiana-New Orleans

I need honey moon advice!

We want to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon but don't know much about it and need some help booking a place and flights.  Does anyone know a good travel agent to use or have any kind of information that would help?  I am so lost on how to go about booking our honeymoon!

Re: I need honey moon advice!

• Try AAA. They have great discounts and really helped us plan our trip to Italy.
    Hawaii will be amazing!
  • silverspark7silverspark7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We researched Hawaii as an option for our honeymoon, but opted for a different route.  Do you know which island you want to stay on?  We were looking at the Grand Hyatt on Kauai and a condo at the Mahana at Kaanapali on Maui.  There's plenty of info out there, but I think the biggest thing you need to decide on before you contact a travel agent is which island you want to stay on.  It's the hardest decision to make, but all the rest become so much easier after that!

Good luck and happy planning!
  • We JUST got back from Hawaii for our honeymoon.  (In fact, a month ago at this time, I was still there :)  It's expensive, but totally worth it.  We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village which is directly on the beach.  There are 7 different Hilton hotels within the resort (no resort fees which is good compared to other hotels we looked at).  We stayed in the Rainbow tower, which had beautiful views! They even upgraded us to a corner ocean view and it was spectactular.  We stayed on Oahu the whole time, and were always busy.  If we had stayed longer, we might have ventured off to another island. There are lots of things to do and you can book excursions through the hotel.  The small vendors will pick you up by bus at the hotel which makes it super easy to get around town.  Prices were fairly reasonable.. each excursion was about $50 a person for a 8 am - 2 pm (on average trip).   We found out that Kauai is the honeymoon island, although we didn't get chance to go there.  If you are looking for seclusion, that is the place they recommended.  Oahu is pretty and has all the touristy attractions, which is what we wanted, but everyone is different.  Message me if you want some more tips.  Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hi! We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon! 2 months from today i'll be waking up in Maui! Here's how we made our choice. Go to this and print out this score card.

http://gohawaii.about.com/od/hawaiivacationplanner/a/island_scores.htm

It will help you figure out the best island for you depending on what things are important to you. Then you can go from there.

As far as travel agents go, I had never in my life used a travel agent. But i fould, through theknot.com, Coleen at Simply Honeymoons. She is amazing. She set everything up for us and sent us this awesome folder with everything we could need. The best part? I found a better price then what she was offering on expedia.com. i told her as much as she matched that price and beat it by $10!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited July 2012
    I just got back from Maui for our honeymoon. It was fabulous!! 

Our travel agent did a fabulous job booking it for us, and getting us a good deal. She even got the vendor to throw in a free snorkeling excursion for us. I would recommend her. 

Debbie Bruna, Travel Consultant
    Travel Central Vacations
    3221 N Causeway Blvd
    Metairie LA 70002
    (504) 994-8812
    Bruna.Travel@gmail.com
    www.travelcentralvacations.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards