Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

I'm absolutely in love with this place so far. I think it's the one. Does anyone have any experience with it? I noticed it isn't listed as a Knot vendor.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
bridesmaids-2
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked my Oct 2011 wedding with them. I found it to be one of the best deals around and not to mention absolutely beautiful. Jill has been an absolute joy to work with. She has responded to all correspondence very quickly (most cases that day or the very next day). Good luck with your planning!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there on April 1st! I don't think it can be beat as far as price, quality, and the stuff they include goes. Jill has been very accommodating so far! I can't find a bad review on them. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about anything: ktprieto at yahoo dot com.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding that was held there and it was great! It's a beautiful reception hall and even though it's a little out of the way, it's not that hard to get there. The staff is very friendly and Jill is amazing! 
  • Options
    mhenry24mhenry24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've booked my reception there for December 10th. Jill is great and the plantation is beautifull. for the price you cant beat it. she is very professional and very sweet. you wont regret it. it is kinda out of the way but i live in waggaman. my wedding will be in new orleans at our church but the ride is not that bad. we drive it everyday. but you will like it. she is always there if you want to visit.

December 2011 siggy challenge- Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_cedar-grove-tchoupitoulas-plantation-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:aedc8baf-2c11-48aa-b04b-b890c414f02ePost:5cace1d3-aef3-4116-9219-6da7cc73d68a">Re: Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it can be beat as far as price, quality, and the stuff they include goes. Jill has been very accommodating so far! I can't find a bad review on them. Posted by ktprieto[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  I'm getting married there on April 16th.  No complaints so far.
  • Options
    sah343ssah343s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm booked for Sept- after comparing a few prices and making a few calls I knew this was the best choice for me.  It has the widest menu selection I've found and you get a lot for your money.  Plus, if you don't want the stress of having to set-up, etc. it is the place to go!  Both of our families are from out of town, so the last thing I want is to have to spend time putting things together and decorating tables.  Jill was by the friendliest person I talked to and has been extremely helpful.  If you're in love with it- take it before someone else does!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, after searching and searching, I signed my contract with CGTP for November of next year. I'm so excited! Thanks for all the feedback everyone. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    casey414casey414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary on April 10th. We had our reception at Cedar Grove and it was AMAZING!!!! Awesome food, the DJ (who Jill recommended) kept our guests dancing all night, the place is absolutely gorgeous, the private dinner for the two of us was great. I could go on and on with the wonderful things about this place. We got so many compliments from our guests after the wedding about how much they enjoyed it. Definitely book it and book it early!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding ceremony and reception with CGT plantation and I am so excited! August 2012 can't get here fast enough! For those of you that had your receptions there.. which photographer did you use and who do you recommend?
  • Options
    Friday night May 4, 2012, our daughter's fairy tale wedding became a reality at CGT Plantation! Thanks to Jill Mercer and her entire staff, our phones have not stopped ringing with kudos from all our guests of the best wedding ever! We now have everlasting memories of the story book wedding! A wedding venue that could not have been more perfect and neither set of parents had a worry about anything the entire night.  The service was very personal and impeccable on top of the warm loving atmosphere of this quaint plantation.  The food was endless and homemade, like no other served at a wedding we have attended.  The Mercers made our family feel very special, almost like celebrities.  Both our photographer and our floral designer said this venue was a great experience for them too, and said it was a pleasure to be back at Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation.  Without a doubt, the best well kept secret of a wedding venue in the entire area! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards