Louisiana-New Orleans

Engagement photographer

I am in need of suggestions for engagement photos. We live on the northshore, but will be having our wedding in our home state of Ohio.  Looking to have our engagement photos taken in LA (northshore or New Orleans). Don't have a lot to spend on the engagement photos, so looking for some suggestions of good photographers that will be willing to do just our engagement photos (instead of the typical engagement/wedding bundle). Thanks in advance!

Re: Engagement photographer

• zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out this photographer.  She specializes in babies and maternity, but she also does senior portraits.  She is fairly new, on the Northshore and she is very talented and I think would be happy to do engagement only.  It may be worth contacting her.  Hope it helps!  

www.kristysilbernagel.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Darryl Schmitt Photography...he has way smaller packages for weddings and engagements.  He is great to work with too  don;t know if he will do northshore but it is worth a try...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please check out my photographer - I love love love her! And she's well priced!

http://www.twirlphotography.com/index2.php#/home/
  • rachrosserrachrosser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://sarahcollinsphotography.webs.com/
    She's located on the northshore but will also come into the city. She has the BEST prices I can find. $450 for 4 hour wedding day coverage and 1 hour engagment!
  • edited December 2011
    Also keep in mind... are you someone who knows what poses/ how to look/ etc you want in your photos, or do you want someone who will direct you and put you where they have had experience looks good?

This is something you should discuss with potential photogs. In my experience, some prefer to take direction from you, and some will take the reins if you don't have any ideas of what you want. Either way is fine, but you want to have a good dynamic in order to have a productive session.
  • amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married last weekend and used Babs Evangelista.  She was AWESOME!  She has such an artistic eye and really made us feel comfortable.  Very fun and upbeat and super creative.  I haven't seen all of our pics yet but, she posted a preview on her facebook page and she did a fabulous so far.  She worked within our budget and I'm sure can create a package for you.  Check her out - you won't regret it.

Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards