Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake

I just want you ladies opinion on which bakery has the most deliciuos cakes . I'm trying to narrow my decision down between 2 or 3 bakeries.

Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake

• Options
    I love Flour Power.  Their white chocolate strawberry shortcake is amazing and Ronda was such a pleasure to work with.
  • Options
    I'm getting mine from Ambrosia bakery in Baton Rouge.  We just tasted our cake samples this week -- my favorite part of wedding planning so far! 
  • Options
    II love their strawberry shortcake ! Do they deliver to New Orleans? Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-cake-cakecakecakecake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:b1248b0e-648b-4464-8bc9-dc1dd1efd23bPost:fd024bd9-468e-4973-8c1b-dc5aee484c03">Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting mine from Ambrosia bakery in Baton Rouge.  We just tasted our cake samples this week -- my favorite part of wedding planning so far! 
    Posted by silverspark7[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I have been hearing about them. Are the prices reasonable?n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-cake-cakecakecakecake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:b1248b0e-648b-4464-8bc9-dc1dd1efd23bPost:ac1d60e9-1375-41a5-a252-98b8c3d4eabc">Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Flour Power.  Their white chocolate strawberry shortcake is amazing and Ronda was such a pleasure to work with.
    Posted by louisianablue[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    It's on par with other bakeries in New Orleans, unless you use Haydel's or Gambinos.  I got the fake cake and it made the pricing about $3.30/slice.
  • Options
    The fake cake ? whats that?In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-cake-cakecakecakecake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:b1248b0e-648b-4464-8bc9-dc1dd1efd23bPost:ee2477ec-c02d-4b1d-822c-da3794b4cc67">Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's on par with other bakeries in New Orleans, unless you use Haydel's or Gambinos.  I got the fake cake and it made the pricing about $3.30/slice.
  • Options
    Basically they decorate a fake cake made out of styrofoam with a real layer for you to cut, and then they serve sheet cakes in the back.  It just allows them to make the fake part in advance.

No one really knew the difference and it saved me half the cost.
  • Options

Hands down La Louisiane has the best wedding cake you'll taste.  We did tastings at 3 places and they had the most delicious cake.  They bring you different samples with whatever preserves or fresh fruit you might want with the wedding cake.  We had so many people tell us that it was the best cake they ever had that it even over powered the compliments on my dress.  Call La Louisiane and ask to do a tasting...it's free, so you have nothing to lose, but I'm confident that you will love their cake.  They use a special type of icing that is not typical unlike Gambinos (I think La Louisiane uses a French type while everybody else uses an American type...can't remember the details, but they'll tell you when you go to sample). 

• Options
    Haydel's
  • Options
    Wow , thats awesome! Thanks , appreciate the info.n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-cake-cakecakecakecake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:b1248b0e-648b-4464-8bc9-dc1dd1efd23bPost:49c34c08-a593-42eb-9fe4-b38e5e431f01">Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Basically they decorate a fake cake made out of styrofoam with a real layer for you to cut, and then they serve sheet cakes in the back.  It just allows them to make the fake part in advance. No one really knew the difference and it saved me half the cost.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_wedding-cake-cakecakecakecake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b1248b0e-648b-4464-8bc9-dc1dd1efd23bPost:d935daba-bf72-4a57-938c-be9214e7d255">Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]II love their strawberry shortcake ! Do they deliver to New Orleans? Response to Re: Wedding Cake ,Cake,Cake,Cake,Cake :
    Posted by JaiPeep[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>They definitely deliver to NOLA, with varying delivery fees.  I looked at a bunch of the recommended places in and around NOLA, but found that even with the delivery fee, Ambrosia was a bit less than the big bakeries here.</div><div>
    </div><div>I knew that I wanted buttercream, but wanted a smooth finish.  If you  look at their cakes on Facebook -- they always look flawless.  And I can say that they taste incredible.  My cake is definitely among the things I'm most excited for!</div>
  • Options
    Haydel's is great.  I also like Royal Cakery!!
  • Options
    Royal Cakery!!! It's worth it trust me!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards