Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Announcement in Newspaper

Does anyone know how to go about submitting a wedding announcement in the paper?  I can't find anything on who to contact or what the price is?  Have any of you done this/lookined into this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Announcement in Newspaper

• Options

Both me and my fiancee come from relatively small towns and we are putting announcements in both local papers.  I looked up our local papers' websites and checked in the advertisement section.  Apparently, when you place a wedding announcement, it is the same as placing an advertisement. My local paper charges according to the size and date the announcement is printed - as in Sunday announcements are more expensive because they are in color.  My hometown paper charges from $90 to $511.  $90 gets you 1 column and a small black and white pic, while $511 gets you 3 columns with a large color pic in the Sunday paper.  But since that is a smaller town paper - it may vary in a large newspaper.  And honestly, it was very hard to find the place on the newspaper website where you can order the announcements - it took me a good hour.          

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just a heads up to all- beginnign September 1 (I believe that's the date) the TP will go to 3 day a week publication.

The BR Advocate will be publishing a NOLA Edition Daily.

I know my family is cancelling all TP subscriptions and going to the Advocate, so this will affect where I put an announcement...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards