Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

what is the average cost per person for food?

I have a budget of $30000. with a wedding at BOT, how much do you think I should spend on food and drinks( just beer and wine).

Anyone used Pigeon catering before? Reviews

Re: what is the average cost per person for food?

• Options
    NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Book a tasting, you will be blown away! :)

I have not been to a wedding with Pigeon, however there are plenty of BOT knotties on here, so I'm sure you'll get those reviews. What I can tell you is that I just went to a tasting with them recently, and it was VERY impressive. If you set up a rough menu with her ahead of time, you will be served EVERYTHING on your menu - down to the carved meat.

Anyway, I don't know how helpful that is for you, but leah is very sweet and accomadating. She will work within your budget for sure. I have received quotes from anwhere between $35-90pp from other caterers. We had a specific number in mind, and Leah put together a wonderful menu within our range.

But if you're unsure of a number to start at, maybe communicate with her what you expect from the menu and get a ballpark figure from there? LIke, if you want four passed items, three buffet, etc etc etc. What you should spend will depend on what you want out of your reception. Do you want a seated dinner or buffet? Lots of seafood or chicken/beef? Etc. But the beer/wine only bar will bring your price down per head a lot.

Anyway good luck! Hope that helps?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're definitely going to want to know how many people. The range that NolaBride gave you is correct. My budget is about 25, but my average per person is 75--because we were willing to limit the guest list. Steve at Rosy's was great about working within our budget--talk the wedding coordinator at your venue about what you want, and they should work to make it happen.  

Pigeon catering does a lot of my work functions, and the food is always delicious!
  • Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Leah at Pigeon, though my reception was at the Wax Museum. I agree with Nolabride2012 that she is really sweet and will work with your budget.

We had about 145 guests at our wedding, and I think we spent about 45% of our total budget on food and beverage. We also had a four hour reception with a couple of passed foods and buffet stations open all night.

Food and drinks are likely to be the most costly parts of the wedding, depending on your taste in flowers and all. We kept things simple where we could.

I highly recommend the muffelattas (we had them as part of the food stations), the crawfish/brie dip (depends on the time of year), and fried turkey. We also had eggplant parm as a veggie option. They have a really wide variety in their menus, so you should be able to find what you'd like.

You're in good hands with Pigeon. Talk to Leah about how many people you plan to invite and bring some friends to the tasting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards