Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Rehersal dinner at Rock N Bowl...

Hi yall...

I've seen a few of you say you were doing your rehearsal dinner at the Rock N Bowl....I brought this idea up to my fiance' and he LOVES it but I'm concerned about a few things. They don't really have an area for a sit down meal and I don't know how it works with the speeches from the wedding party and I wanted to do the slide show thing but i don't know where you would do that there. If anyone who has had their rehearsal dinner at Rock N Bowl could let me know how all this is works the night of, id greatly appreciate it!!

Melissa

Re: Rehersal dinner at Rock N Bowl...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_rehersal-dinner-rock-n-bowl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:bc8ded4a-d897-4a0e-99ba-77de5a67d323Post:0e5bb3fa-2adb-4f70-ab73-df35579898e1">Rehersal dinner at Rock N Bowl...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi yall... I've seen a few of you say you were doing your rehearsal dinner at the Rock N Bowl....I brought this idea up to my fiance' and he LOVES it but I'm concerned about a few things. They don't really have an area for a sit down meal and I don't know how it works with the speeches from the wedding party and I wanted to do the slide show thing but i don't know where you would do that there. If anyone who has had their rehearsal dinner at Rock N Bowl could let me know how all this is works the night of, id greatly appreciate it!! Melissa
    Posted by Melalford1[/QUOTE]

I have not done this but I *think* you are right in that you wouldn't really have a private area for speeches/slideshow.  I think if you want those things, maybe choose somewhere other than Rock N Bowl.  But again, maybe some other ladies will have insight.
  • Options
    aarodrigaarodrig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous!!! My fiance and I really loved the idea but his parents wanted something a little more *traditional*. They have that private board room off to one side of the bar that seems like it could accomodate a fair number of people though, and I'm sure it would be easy enough to bring in a projector/screen or just use one of the white walls in that room. I think it's such a fun idea, I am all about it!
  • Options
    cm10/10cm10/10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm a little late on this but we had our rehearsal there and it was great!!!  Most of the guests (about 75) were from out of town and they LOVED the casual but nola feel.  I think they liked being able to bowl and not be bored sitting at a table.  There is no where for a sit down.  They set up "party" type food at a few tables and everyone fixes a plate and either stands or sits near your lanes.  There was a battle of the Blues bands that same night so while the music was awesome and we could dance, we couldn't do speeches.  They let us bring in king cakes for dessert and cut them up and served them for us.  The food was hot and tasty.  Service was good I'd highly recommend for something fun and casual.
  • Options
    zcaricaz3zcaricaz3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to have my dinner here. They do have a private area and we are going to use that for the slideshow. I'm looking forward to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards