Louisiana-New Orleans

Armstrong Park

Does anyone know anything about having your ceremony in Armstrong Park on Rampart? I know they finally finished everything in there and looks great so I was wondering if anyone had any info on who to contact or knows anyone who got married there?
Thanks!
Wedding Date May 2012
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Armstrong Park

• edited December 2011
    It's a pretty scary neighborhood surrounding it, but I am not sure that would matter during a day time event. I wouldn't have your guests park near there though if the reception will end after dark. Just being honest. 
  • edited December 2011
    oh I wouldn't, i know the neighborhood very well.  It would be around 5 and my dad lives in the quarter which is where the reception would be:) thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they have finished the whole park and from what they show on tv it is pretty dirty in there.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    Oh good point Kate504. I actually haven't been down there since last summer to see a play at the Mahalia Jackson, but Armstrong Park was in total shambles then. I have no idea how far the work has progressed.  TBH, I just wouldn't do it in there unless you have some special tie to the area.  You could use City Park, Audubon Park, the Riverwalk, Lafayette Square in downtown, or any number of outdoor spaces. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards