Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

What are you giving out for party favors?

Hey Ladies! What's everyone doing for party favors? Are you giving out favors that are NOLA related like pralines or something more commonly given out like cake pops? I'm going back and forth between sweets or something practical like scented soap or soy candles.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you giving out for party favors?

• Options
    I am giving out NOLA related favors in a favor box especially since a lot of our guest were originally from NOLA, but now live OOT due to Katrina (pralines, personalized shot glasses, & 2nd line hankies) There will also be bubbles for favors as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are giving out cookies shaped like our home states of Louisiana and Mississippi.  My experience has been that when I go to a wedding, if the favor is something other than food, I usually just toss it.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  That's why we opted for the snack route!
  • Options
    I made second line handkerchiefs and also gave people a box with fortune cookies and mardi gras beads with our names on it.  We also had a photobooth.
  • Options
    The second line hankies and the photo booth are our favors at the reception. Since 100 of our guests are from OOT, we are putting NOLA themed sweets and snacks in the welcome bag in their hotel rooms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    flip flops  and second line hankies
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We're doing a photobooth, and we'll have little frame with guest names as place cards at each seat, which fit the photo strip.  Depending on whether we have an indoor or outdoor reception, we may do a candy buffet with little personalized to-go bags.

Kiasoul-- I like the pralines idea. 
    Who doesn't want more dessert? =)
  • Options
    I was thinking about doing pralines too.  Where is everyone getting them from?

I hadn't thought of second line hankies.  If I am planning on doing a second line do you give them out before?
  • Options
    We're doing koozies and photobooth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did second line hankies, placed on seats at the ceremony, and homemade cajun spices in little glass jars on the tables.
  • Options
    We did king cakes, eclairs, cookies, and cake pops, as well as a photobooth
  • Options
    We are doing personalized second line hankies and personalized pralines. 

We are doing our second line after the ceremony. I plan to have my older nieces who are flower girls ( ages 9 & 10 ) pass them out after the ceremony, once the band has arrived while we take a few last minute pictures.

We are going to have the pralines to be given out at the end of the receptionn. I will order from Southern Candymakers. We went to 5 different candy shops in May & theirs tasted the best to both of us. 

I really want to do welcome bags with some snacks but I am trying to figure out logistically how to get them to all the guests at their respective hotels without paying an arm & a leg. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We're getting our favors from Blue Frog, the four piece box of chocolates for the men and the candy flowers for women.  We're also getting a selection of "Louisiana" chocolates that our bakery is going to decorate the groom's cake with, like the chocolate alligators and seafood, cayenne bites, etc. 

I agree with PP, if it isn't edible, I typically toss it.  

Edit: We're also getting the chocolate doubloons for the kids, I think they're going to put 5 in each pack.
  • Options
    I ordered my pralines from Kate's Pralines... (behind Bustles and Bows in Metairie). They offer so many flavors of pralines that I didn't even know existed. Her pralines are made with whipping cream, which doesn't make them dark and hard like a rock.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We are getting married in January and are giving out hot chocolate favors in mason jars, second line hankies, and we will have a photobooth.
  • Options
    We did Roman Candy and it was a big hit!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_what-are-giving-out-for-party-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:c8321006-930c-4b08-9579-9b59ec0eedd0Post:2065971c-4b3b-4be3-aafc-aee609ef7ff6">Re: What are you giving out for party favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am giving out NOLA related favors in a favor box especially since a lot of our guest were originally from NOLA, but now live OOT due to Katrina (pralines, personalized shot glasses, & 2nd line hankies) There will also be bubbles for favors as well.
    Posted by egammo3[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm doing as well It just says New Orleans
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_what-are-giving-out-for-party-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:c8321006-930c-4b08-9579-9b59ec0eedd0Post:517f97e0-356a-4982-9356-a7f10f25f3cd">Re: What are you giving out for party favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking about doing pralines too.  Where is everyone getting them from? I hadn't thought of second line hankies.  If I am planning on doing a second line do you give them out before?
    Posted by amberjo80[/QUOTE]

Yes
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_what-are-giving-out-for-party-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:c8321006-930c-4b08-9579-9b59ec0eedd0Post:0d087b81-7827-44b7-aad2-d86a22c2f0ea">Re: What are you giving out for party favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did Roman Candy and it was a big hit!
    Posted by oohsnapash[/QUOTE]

We did Roman Candy also. My daughter's sister in law fixed it up to look like wands from Harry Potter since they got engaged at the wand shop at Hogwarts in Universal in Orlando.   It was a cute set up and a neat treat for out of town guests.
  • Options
    I am using Dem Sum Good Pralines....upcoming business very reasonable.  She does almond pralines as well as pecans.  Very delicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards