Louisiana-New Orleans

Pat O's on the River Feedback

I'm an OOT bride and going to be visiting next week.  I really like Pat O's on the River for the reception but wanted to know if anyone else has had their reception there or been there for a wedding? This is one of the vendors I have set an appointment with but just wanted feedback.  Thanks so much!  Everyone on this board is so helpful!!

Re: Pat O's on the River Feedback

• I'll actually be having my reception there in January!  I have yet to visit though but I'll be there mid-July.  The one thing I really liked about them is that there prices are reasonable and I felt like I get the most bang for my buck with their open bar :)  They have a 125 person minimum for the room I'll be using so not sure how big you are planning.  I'll be interested to hear others feedback as well :)
  • We had our reception at Pat O's in May 2011 and we couldn't be happier with how everything went! I highly recommend Pat O's on the River. Our reception was 2-6pm and the dancefloor was packed the entire time but we also had people outside on the balconies, people at the bar, people sitting... It is a great deal for all that you get, especially the open bar. 

When we first arrived to the Reception, they took us to a little room and brought us food so that we could eat before heading out to greet people, dance, talk... This helped us out a lot because I am not sure we would have eaten if they hadn't done that. There was a coordinator on site that helped us with the timing of things and that was very helpful too.

Our Ceremony was uptown but having the reception at Pat O's was a great choice because of the close proximity to the downtown hotels and the Quarter. A lot of our friends walked back to the hotel, some went to dinner and later on in the night we met up with out of town friends.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have but in the meantime, I hope that helps! :)
  • I'm so glad to hear you loved it!  It makes me excited for mine :)  

What options did you go with for food  and about how big was your reception?

• You will love it!

We had just over 200 guests.

Group 1: Spinach and Artichoke Dip
    Group 2: Jambalaya
    Carving Station: Pork Tenderloin
    Hors d'oeurves: Filet Bites, Crawfish Cakes, Shrimp Remoulade, Catfish, Chicken and Bean Egg Roll

My husband and I had been to Pat O's on the River for several private parties and although the menu options were a little different, we had an idea of what we wanted. We wanted to make sure to have options for all our guests while giving them a taste of the South too. I can't say that I had each of those items but to this day I haven't heard any complaints from those that did.

In addition to those items, we did also have a candy bar which turned out amazing.

We didn't have a signature drink but my husband and I were drinking the same drink during the reception so others started drinking it too. A few months later, we went back to Pat O's for a work function and one of the bartenders told us that at a wedding in May they had to make this drink by the pitchers because so many people started ordering it :) ooops She didn't know that it was our wedding.
  • Oh I'm so glad that you loved it!  I have a meeting with Brett on Thursday at 1 and I'm so excited!!!! I will definitely contact you if I have any questions!  Thanks so much!
  • Thanks for the feedback!

Keep me posted how your visit goes, I'll be meeting with them in about 3 weeks :)
  • Brett is great, very down to earth and was always responsive. I had a few special requests and he made things happen :)

Enjoy your meeting with him and let me know if you have any other questions!
  • About how expensive is it?
  • Option I is 59.00 per person
    Option II is 69.00 per person

Both include open bar, cake, flowers for the buffet tables, etc.

Tax is 9.75% and tip is 18%
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards