Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Stressssssssssssed out...

Re: Stressssssssssssed out...

• Options
    Kristina CT Kristina CT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had this conversation with my fiance yesterday....  No matter WHERE or WHEN or HOW you plan your wedding, I think you will always have that feeling of "is this way right"or should we have done this"... You are not alone.  There will always be different, better, less expensive, more historic, etc etc places you could have had it.  Remember that there was a reason (maybe many reasons) why you chose House of Broel..  My personal suggestion is to keep it booked and feel good about it - even if people are sending personal messages saying differently.  I could appreciate their comments, but it would have been more helpful maybe 6-7 months ago, not now.  Also, don't forget what the day is really about !  :-)  Try not to stress and just go with it...
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take the concerns you have and address them with the owner. We toured that place and she was a bit...off...so I can understand your concern. If you walk away from the conversation dissatisfied or with any concern still, I would reevaluate then. Good luck let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October is a peak wedding month. If you need a new venue you need to find it ASAP.  I have never attended a wedding at the H of B, but I have friends who did and they thought it was great.  Queen Jane gave good advice. Address concerns that were raised by the people you spoke to, and book a new venue (SOON!) if she doesn't seem willing to address the problems. 

• Options
    deeceebride2deeceebride2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try to enjoy the last couple of months before your wedding.  Stressing about it won't change anything, and changing your venue to something that is as cool as the HOB this close to your wedding date IN OCTOBER will be next to impossible, unless you have it at someone's house.  If there are concrete things that you've been told are a problem with HOB, talk to the coordinator there and pre-empt them from happening (maybe even add it to the contract that these things will definitely be taken care of, or no final payment, so they get the message that you want to be sure it all goes smoothly).  Beyond that worrying just puts a damper on what should be a fun time in your life, and it won't change anything.  EIther take action or let it go and enjoy.  My two cents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards