Louisiana-New Orleans

Rosy's vs. Wax Museum

Has anyone had any experience with either one of these? Can't decide between the two.

Re: Rosy's vs. Wax Museum

• Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered Rosy's but I don't like the fact that over a certain amount of people your guests have to stand for the ceremony.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited December 2011
    I looked at both of these but ended up going with the wax because of the location. It's right in the FQ which is so nice since that is where everyone will want to stay anyway and you won't have to bus people around. What were your pro's/con's? Have you looked at either of them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I looked at both.

I;m not 100% on the wax part of the wax museum. I loved the room upstairs though and the location. Also, I didn't love the person we met with like I did at Rosy's. I like that we can do big tables where everyone has a seat instead of small tables.

For Rosy's, I didn't love that everyone couldn't sit at the ceremony even though it won't be more than 15 minutes and didn't love the distance from the quarter/downtown and the room seemed kind of dark.

Besides these few things, I really really liked both. I found a lot of good reviews about Rosy's online but nothing (good or bad) about the wax museum.

• edited December 2011
    I didn't look at the Wax Museum, but my reception is as Rosy's. They have been SO wonderful to work with. Very professional and friendly. Whenever I've spoken to Ssteve or Darlene, they've treated me like my wedding is their number one priority in life. I highly recommend Rosy's!
  • RisaFuRisaFu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I just asked myself the same question a few weeks ago and decided on Rosy's!  I love, love, love the atmosphere at Rosy's and that's what decided me, along with all the positive reviews. I thought both Beth at the Wax museum and Darlene and Steve at Rosy's were very helpful and either could help put together a fantastic wedding.

As for the seating arrangements at Rosy's, I'm pretty sure you could rent extra chairs. However, I think having guests watch the ceremony from balcony is pretty romantic, and there are benches up there as well if people get tired of standing. Steve told me that guest on the balcony often shower the couple with rose petals when they complete their vows.

Let us know which one you decide!
  • eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding reception at the Wax Museum in March and it was amazing. I am originally from NY but I live in New Orleans, close to Rosie's actually. I didn't look at Rosie's because I don't like that street and the fact that you need a police car on site. But I hear it's nice. 

Beth at the Wax Museum is GREAT to work with. She has a ton of event planning experience in New Orleans -- she had helpful feedback about my band, caterer, flowers, everything. She was always quick to respond and had a good way of reminding me that everything will be great! And it really was.  

I would also add, most importantly, that our guests are still talking about our wedding. We were married at a church nearby and had an awesome second line, but people (including locals in NO) were so impressed with the museum. People walked around the museum for the first 30 minutes or so, and then we had some party upstairs. I can't recommend it enough. 

If you have people from out of town, it's also easier to have everything in the Quarter. I didn't spend any money on transportation -- everything was walking distance. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Rosy's but was not overly impressed with Steve, and the fact that he was putting down other buisnesses while trying to "sell" Rosy's to us. I also didn't like the way the site was partitioned, and the fact that some guests would be seated in the outer room since our guestlist is larger.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding at Rosy's so I can't really comment, but a good friend had her reception at the Wax Museum a few years ago.  She got married at a nearby church and had a second line to the reception, which everyone loved of course.  I thought the Wax Museum was a great site - beautiful room with a lot of character. 
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Rosy's, and it was fantastic.  There may not have been enough chairs for everyone at the short ceremony, but there was plenty of seating on the benches, brick retaining walls, and the tables in the courtyard.  The food was fantastic, and it nice to have indoor/outdoor space, plus the atrium in between.  And it's perfect if you're going to have a band.  I recently got married in uptown New Orleans (at The Columns) but had all of the other events downtown, and I think it's great to give OOT guests a taste of both neighborhoods.  The guests thought so, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input. I feel like we couldn't go wrong with either but ultimately decided on the Wax Museum!

Now to find a caterer....

I feel like now all the other planning can begin.
  • eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Pigeon Catering, worked with Leah. Worked out great and they have done many weddings at the Wax Museum. You can schedule a free tasting.
  • edited December 2011
    Did anyone who used the Wax museum use Our Lady of Guadalupe catholic church down the street?

All the feedback was really helpful...I am also trying to decide between Rosy's , Wax, and Pat O's...to me they are all about the same price overall... But most of my guest list will be hoteling in quarter and it truely may be easier to keep everyone downtown the whole weekend...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards