Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Weekend Event Etiquette

Ok we are pretty much having a destination wedding in NOLA – I am from there but live away – so many of our guest are coming from out of town.  We are giving out welcome bags to those staying in hotels with water,  Hubig’s pies and zapps along with maps and visitor guides.  We wanted to plan a few things to do the nights before the wedding – go to the Carousel Bar one night, maybe Café Du Monde for breakfast one morning etc… and want to let our guest who are in NOLA early know where we will be.  Is it OK to put a list of ‘events’ in their welcome bag?  Unfortunately cannot pay for everything so I do not want them to assume it is a scheduled event, but something more casual.  How to communicate this without having to call everyone individually?

Re: Wedding Weekend Event Etiquette

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a wedding webiste on the Knot, I would post the schedule there with a general, open to everyone kind of message. That way no one feels obligated to attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey,
    I am doing something similar.  I have outlined the list of activities on my wedding website as well as included it in the welcome basket.  I prefaced it by saying something along the lines of: 

Here is an outline of the activities FI and I will be doing this weekend.  We would love to spend some time with you and show you New Orleans...all activities are optional. I also added that for some, this will be a chance to be a tourist in our own back yard, and for others....you'll just be a tourist. 

If the activity cost money, I suggest adding dollar signs to signify how much to bring.  Ex: $ for Cafe du Monde or $$ for the Aquarium...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
    We decided to include a sheet in the welcome pack with a list of 3 things we will be doing before the wedding (2 nights out and one 'breakfast" at cafe du Monde), as well as Wedding Info and contact Info.  We will title the page as "bride and Groom's Wedding Weekend Whereabouts" so they know where we will be and can join if they like :-)  I do like adding "We would love to spend some time with you and show you New Orleans...all activities are optional" or something similar! 

Thanks guys!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards