Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Galvez

Anyone know anything about Galvez for ceremony/reception???

Re: Galvez

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just know it is a Spanish tapas place, and the former location of Bella Luna (sigh, Bella Luna was wonderful, but closed down after katrina...).

I do not know re: price, but they do have wedding receptions there.  Just make sure it is the kind of food you want since it's not necc "New Orleans-y." 

Also if you have local people there, you are going to hear the same reaction as I had, a la "*sigh* this USED to be Bella Luna...."

The location is quite pretty (if they kept the same layout as before). 
    That's all I got, can you tell we're still a little sad about Bella Luna...Undecided  Nothing against it per se, I'm just saying, that's how we are here.

Edited to add: For example, we're STILL bitter about Rite Aid taking over our beloved K&B drugstore, and that was...what, at least 10 years ago?  So..yeah, another one of our eccentricities. Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard much about Galvez for a reception area, but I have heard really good things about their food, if that helps.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_galvez?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:d49c151d-0c62-4de6-895f-64c14a0271b0Post:94a303fd-ff40-40e0-9e73-52fe0818bd13">Re: Galvez</a>:
    [QUOTE]For example, we're STILL bitter about Rite Aid taking over our beloved K&B drugstore, and that was...what, at least 10 years ago?  So..yeah, another one of our eccentricities.
    Posted by whereyat[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, totally agree.  ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having my reception there this May. The location is unbeatable and the views of the River, Downtown and the FQ are AMAZING. The person I worked with there to secure the spot LEFT the restaurant over Christmas so I'm working with a new person now, but so far, so good. I'll let you know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards