Louisiana-New Orleans

Bridesmaids Dresses

I need HELP! I am planning my wedding for July 2013 in New Olreans. My FI is from there and we are there ALL the time, actually we will be moving there after our wedding. AnyHOO! Here is my dilemma. Last night I had a dream about the wedding and my bridesmaids had on IVORY dresses with Coral and Peacock Teal sashes. It was simply beautiful. Now it is on my brain to have my BMs in ivory dresses with the colored sashes and ivory bouquets. Would it be weird to have them in ivory although I am going to be wearing an ivory dress?  What color should my groom/groomsmen wear? UGHHHHHHH help that dream has totally changed my idea on the dresses lol...

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've been to 2 weddings where the bridesmaids wore the same color as the bride.  One looked great because the setting and decor was bright and a nice contrast, and the bride wore a very different looking dress from the bridesmaids.  At the other one, I thought it looked terrible because the bridesmaids' dresses were very similar to the bride so it just looked like 5 brides! :-)

I think as long as your dress is much different and way more formal/bridal than theirs, it could work.

As for the guys, they can still wear tuxes if that's what you originally planned, but with ivory vests/shirts.  Or have the groomsmen wear black vests and ivory shirt and only the groom with ivory vest and shirt.  If you weren't thinking tuxes, then brown or tan suits would go nicely with ivory shirts.

Hope that helps!
  • I think it is a great idea. Do what you want - if you start worrying about if it will look weird or what other people think of it you will never make a decision.

I second pp on the brown suit idea...
  • Thanks! The dress that I am getting is the Maggie Sottero Adorae. I simply love that dress! As far as my BMs I was thinking of one of these dresses...

the one on the left and in the middle not the last one or this one

the sash I want in the back though...

Now as far as my groomsmen were concerned I think theTan colored tuxes with the colored vest and for the groom a tan tux with the ivory vest and tie is a great idea! Thanks so much....now I have to see which one of these dresses my sister likes. I am letting her choose the dresses mainly because she has large bust and I want her to be comfortable in whatever she has on for the day.

Did your BMs have long or short dresses?
  • I thought about the brown tuxes too. Maybe they will look better with ivory BM dresses...hmmmm decisions decisons!! I am a fashion junkie and my poor bae tells me he is scared to buy me clothes and shoes because my taste is soooo out there to him, so the last thing I will worry about is what others will say lol! I have got to figure this out le sigh......

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:d5c1f1b0-2d03-45c8-8487-7eb800e56c1aPost:6c49a41f-077e-41b4-bd3e-d920108d3ab4">Re: Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it is a great idea. Do what you want - if you start worrying about if it will look weird or what other people think of it you will never make a decision. I second pp on the brown suit idea...
    Posted by esordera[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards