Louisiana-New Orleans

Private Beach for Wedding

My fiance and I are planning a beach wedding in 2012 or 2013. We are inviting around 50 guests and we are going to pay for everyone's accommodation. The plan is to find a house with a private beach where we can have the ceremony and have fun till the early hours of the next day. We want to rent beach houses close by for the guests. I just dont know where to start looking for a house with a private beach! We are looking for a beach either in Alabama or Florida or Georgia or Louisiana. Can someone please steer me in the right direction here or let me know if you know any good places? I just started planning and I want to pick the venue first before moving on to the other details. Thank you for any help!

Re: Private Beach for Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Destin Beach in FL is nice. There are crowded times of the year, but if you want to get married after Labor Day, they're significantly less crowded. White sands, too:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've seen several beach wedding on the Fla. gulf coast....in the Seagrove, Seaside area.......this is a little east of Destin, very quiet, not as commercial.awesome sunsets!!!!...stilll have beautiful white sands and lots of beach front houses to choose from.....look on 30 A loop area between Destin and Panama City......try VRBO, Resort Quest...also there are wedding planners in the area.....good luck
    also Gulf Shores AL is pretty but not familar with beach homes there
  • edited December 2011
    I'd start looking into Mississippi, Alabama, or (most ideally) Florida boards.  There really aren't "beaches" in LA despite the fact that we're on the coast.   The beaches start to get gorgeous when you get as far East as Gulf Shores. 
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was rescheduled to Jekyll Island, Georgia after Katrina cancelled out plans in New Orleans. It's beautiful. It was at a hotel club, but we were able to have to beach all to ourselves for the entire evening.  
  • edited December 2011
    Gulf Shores is really touristy the couple times I've been there. I agree with PP who recommended the 30A Seaside area. Dune Allen is around there, it was always very picturesque from how I remember it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions. It helped me a lot to get going. We are thinking either an island close to Savannah or our second options are Destin or Dune Allen. We kind of want it to happen in a city which has historic/vintage feel to it. Tybe Island had been our choice but heard weddings in beach homes are discouraged there. So, researching more about the islands close to Savannah. Thank you all very very much.
  • sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are honeymooning in Seaside, FL and it's beautiful. Gorgeous beaches, a wedding chapel, cozy cottages and a town square for your guests ultimate relaxation. That would be my recommendation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards