Louisiana-New Orleans

Local Restaurants for Honeymoon

Hi Ladies,

My FI and I are honeymooning on a Carnival Cruise out of NOLA on 4/30. We are staying in the area for an extra day after we get back and want to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate our last day of the honeymoon. Our hotel is in Kenner for that night (Near the airport) but they have a shuttle to the French Quarter so anywhere you suggest would be helpful! Thanks in advance

Re: Local Restaurants for Honeymoon

• Arnaud's, Brennan's, August, Feelings, and Commander's Palace are excellent bets. CP is not in the quarter, but you could grab a cheap cab to get there.
  • Fully agree with QueenJane - you can't go wrong with any of those options.
  • I agree with Queen Jane. Another of my favorites is the Red Fish Grill. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would also add Clancy's which is a locals favorite. Not in FQ but easy to get there with a cab. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and if you want to go for breakfast the next day, I would suggest Cafe Amelie or Palace Cafe. For something a little more upscale, Brennan's has a great brunch package, 35ish dollars per person includes appetizer, main course and dessert.
  • Bayona. Hands down best restaurant in the state :
  • Also Adolfo's. It's on Frenchmen st and is this little Italian place on top of a bar that hardly any body knows about but is delicious. It's one of those places that only take cash. There are only about 20 tables in there. It's dark it's romantic it's new Orleans. Look up reviews and u will be hard pressed to find a bad one. I tried to have my rehearsal dinner here but they said they do not do events or even take reservations on the weekend. ;
  • Although its a newer restaurant, Stanley is definitely my favorite. It is right next to Jackson Square so the view is amazing! We did our engagement pics there last November. That being said, I have never had a bad or even mediocre meal in New Orleans!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Stanley is also a fave of mine! especialy there breakfast ;-)
  • Stanley's counterpart Stella! is great too.  Stella! is a really nice dinner place, while Stanley's is breakfast/lunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards