Louisiana-New Orleans

cool bands

Hey! We are looking into bands but don't want anything that sounds cheesy "wedding singer" ish... any suggestions? Thanks yall:)

Re: cool bands

• thielemmthielemm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Karma and have seen them before - they are a cover band, but are really good and I didn't think they were cheesy at all.
  • edited December 2011
    You've come to the right place then!

What kind of music do you like?  Brass band, DJ-ish cover band, zydeco, etc?  What's your (rough) budget?  With more info it's easier to recommend.

Ones that ppl on here have used: Groovy 7, Mixed Nuts, Coolbone Brass Band, a LOT more....
  • edited December 2011
    well, my fiance has a friend who is in a cajun/zydeco band and they are great (I mean grammy nominated great):!  It's just costing us way more now that we have moved the wedding to new orleans. So then I started thinking maybe i should find a band that would play everything. My family isn't from South Louisiana- so i was thinking maybe a little motown for them. really just a fun band with a lot of range. we are looking at the mixed nuts, no idea and the boogie men. They all are open our date. so if anyone has any suggestions or imput i would appreciate it. THanks
  • anatal1anatal1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    is Karma out of new orleans? I tried to look them up and I only found them in Virginia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards