Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Cake Pull Dilemma

Hi NOLA Ladies, 

I want to do a cake pull at the wedding.

I have 18 total single women guests.  I think that's probably a bit too many to do a cake pull for everyone so I am trying to whittle it down. 

Traditionally are cake pulls usually reserved more for single friends of the bride or single relatives of the bride?  Of the 18 single ladies, 8 are family, 10 are friends. 

Is it acceptable to do a mix of friends and relatives?  Like my 2 sisters and then 4 best friends? 

Re: Cake Pull Dilemma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cake pulls are done by verbal invite from the bride...it definately can be a mix of friends and family...you photographer will probably tell when it is time to arrange it so you will have time to ask those that you want to participate.  your post on the other board asked about buying pulls...best places i have found are bead shop on magazine or MJs on Metairie road,.,,,good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't like the idea of singling out the single ladies, so I did my BMs and close younger cousin (18).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then see if the bakery can do 18 pulls. 

www.weddingcakecharms.com

has sterling pulls for $5.00
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest no more than 8 ladies for your cake pull. The last wedding I went to had 10+ ladies (married & single) for the cake pull and it was so awkward. All of us commented that there were just too many at the cake pull, and traditionally it's only for single women. 
    I'm going to have 7 for mine with a mix of friends and family. I bought my charms at String a Bead on W. Esplanade. They also offer to make cake pull bracelets for pretty cheap. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! That's great advice. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did what Hollybee did and just had my bridesmaids do the cake pull.  It was easier that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's traditionally for single bridesmaids and any single friends that you want to include (keyword want). I'll be doing my (5, 6 or 7) bridesmaids, plus one or two other friends.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kerrie86kerrie86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to do my 5 Bridesmaids and my 3 single cousins. I wouldn' t want anymore than 8- I agree that could get awkward to have too many trying to crowd around.

I got my from MJs on Metairie Road. They came out about $10/pull. They have a ton of New Orleans themed charms!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also having this Dilemma.  I only have 3 bridesmaids and one of them is already married.  I'd like to include more ladies, but I'm not sure where to draw the line.  There aren't really any single ladies in my family, so it will mostly be lady friends who weren't in the wedding party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards