Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

St Mark's UMC Ceremony; St Mary's Cocktail Hour at the Bourbon Orleans

I'm full of questions tonight :-)

1 Any St Mark's United Methodist brides here?  I haven't been able to track down any photos of weddings there, and I'm trying to finalize what decorations if any, we should use.  Would love to see what pew decorations, flowers, aisle runners (looks kind of narrow) others have used.  It's a simple space.  Trying to figure out if we should bother trying to gussy it up or not.  It will be a short ceremony.

2. Our cocktail hour will be in the St. Mary's Room at the Bourbon Orleans, with the doors opening out onto the pool.  The only thing I have figured out for sure, is we will use floating candles in the pool and big hurricane lamps around the pool.  The indoor space deosn't look particularly special but I'd love to see what others have come up with.  We wanted the St. Anne's cottage for the cocktail hour but decided against having guests walk out the back to get to it.  Do you think Feb 11 will be too chilly for guests out by the pool?  I hope I don't end up regretting this decision :-(

TIA for any input, ladies!

Re: St Mark's UMC Ceremony; St Mary's Cocktail Hour at the Bourbon Orleans

• Options
    edited December 2011

I've gone to a winter party outdoors and they had these cool heat lamps. They even have decorative ones that you could place around outside because it may be a little chilly here in February still; no snow or anything, but chilly. I wouldn't cancel my plans though if i were you. That room is nice. I saw it on a visit to the Bourbon Orleans. BTW are you doing a room block there? What do you think of the unrenovated rooms?

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip, alarche.

We are doing a room block there (and 4 other hotels) but they are the priciest.  I'll have to look into the "unrenovated rooms" when we go back later this month because they only showed us 3 room types on our last visit and they all looked pretty nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no prob...curious to see other suggestions.
    But yes the hotel is undergoing renovations and all of the rooms aren't renovated yet. They show you the renovated rooms, i think. Some of the older rooms are a little stuffy so be sure to request the renovated ones for your guests if the hotel's renovations aren't complete. Anyways...good luck with the party. New Orleans weather is so strange sometimes, we've worn shorts on christmas before. : ) You may not even need the heat lamps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards