Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

OOT Bride needs Catholic Priest

I am getting married at St. Louis Cathedral. Unfortunaltely my parish priest is unable to come down to New Orleans so we need to find a local priest. Since we are planning to have a traditional filipino/catholic wedding the wedding coordinator at the Cathedral told us she doesnt know of any priests that could perform the ceremony. We have no idea where to begin to look. Any suggestions?  

(a filipino/catholic wedding is the same, except there are a few extra traditions that get thrown in - blessing of coins, veil, and cord ceremony. they are short and i would think that any priest would be willing to do it as long as its written in the program)

Re: OOT Bride needs Catholic Priest

• Options
    meredithcheekmeredithcheek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i woudl call the archdiocese of new orleans.  specifically the ministry responsible for catholic marriages and weddings.  here is the information.  they should be able to help you.  i'm surprised the cathedral has no priests that typically say daily mass that could help you.  the deacon in charge of the family life apostate is from my parish where i grew up.  he's great.  good luck

Name: Family Life Apostolate
    Address: 7887 Walmsley Avenue
    City: New Orleans
    Zip: 70125
    Phone: 504-861-6243
  • Options
    aarodrigaarodrig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I recall correctly, the priest who was chaplain at my catholic high school for a few years is FIlipino - his name is Fr. Rene Cervantes (Sp?), and last I heard he was working in a parish on the northshore (suburbs just outside of NOLA). You might want to ask about him when you call the Archdiocese.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards