Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Save the Date Ideas - Vote on your favorite please!

Hey ladies,

So I'm really hesitant to go with the traditional save the date card/magnet/calendar, etc.  Because all of our guests are coming from Connecticut, I feel like our STDs are the flirst glimpse of the wedding and need to be fun, different, and/or exciting..
Can you guys take a minute to vote on which idea you like best?

Re: Save the Date Ideas - Vote on your favorite please!

• Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

What a cute idea!  The magnets are really practical, but I'm probably going to do something different as well.  I love all of your ideas.  They are so creative.

• Options
    nhm0506nhm0506 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We sent New Orleans postcards with the save-the-date information and addresses printed on clear labels. We got a variety of different ones and than individually picked which one each guest would like. For 75 postcards, labels, and postage (only .28 each) cost us under $100 and gave our guest a small glimpse into New Orleans.

• Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently got a magnet STD and it was a characature (sp?) of the couple and their pet in the quater with a street lamp. It was super cute.

We can't put on our fridge except on the side because we have a stainless steal fridge and magnets only can stick to the side. Which is a very limited space that is exposed in our kitchen
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're in the same boat.  Since this will be a destination wedding (and international) for all of our guests, and so much travel information has to be provided I also felt this would be the first piece of wedding stationery and I wanted to set the right tone.  So we went with sort of a travel docs theme.  The outside is a cream colored satin finish pocket envelopment with an "air mail" logo and a line drawing of a plane, then inside is the STD glued to the base and 3 enclosures inside the pocket with hotel info, flight and airport info and a weekend itinerary of events.  We also included a little French Quarter guide and our website info.

I like your story book idea (is that from pear tree?)-- it allows you to include a little more info.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, yall are giving me all kind of great ideas. I really hadnt given this much thought till now. Thanks ladies!
    bezlu, thats so cool for your destination wedding. So cute and I can see how it can set the tone and even get people motivated. I likes!
  • Options
    Kristina CT Kristina CT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for your votes and input.  I, too, loved the drink recipe idea!!!  My fiance on the other hand had his mind set on the boarding pass idea so we went with that... I thought I'd let you guys see how they turned out (at least the first bunch of them :-) !   Thank you all again!

• Options
    lilyasinovskylilyasinovsky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are adorable and so creative!
    Did you make folder yourself?  I've been looking for one just like it!
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards