Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

officiant

I'm having trouble finding an officiant for our ceremony.  We're having a 30 min civil ceremony.  Besides getting a friend ordained online, what are my options?  Anybody have any recommendations? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding venue recommended the following people: Judge Kevin Centanni 504.466.7984 / Rev. Robert Patin 504.288.7402 or 606.7983 and Judge Steve Mortillaro 504.453.0767.  The coordinator said that Judge Centanni was her favorite; his fee is $175.00. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Judge Centanni and thought he was great.  He's a really nice guy and willing to do just about whatever you want for your ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can contact the Clerk of Court in the Parish you live or are getting married. They should be able to provide you with a list of qualified individuals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There have been several threads on this, if you do a search for "Officiant" on this thread.

-Coco Robicheaux, yes the singer!, is an officiant.  You can see the threads on him including a video of him performing a ceremony.

-It is (fairly) easy to get a friend ordained in Louisiana...a few pages back there are some threads about it.  Note that it is a different procedure in the different parishes.

-This place provides officiants: http://www.figstreet.com/guesthouse/weddings.html

Good luck!
  • Options
    amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Rev. John Zimmer, he's non-denominational.  I've heard good things about him and he spent about 30 minutes on the phone just getting to know me, where we met, family history, etc so he can somewhat personalize our vows.  His # is 504-834-6544.

I was also given alternate choices:

Civil
    Wally Porter, Justice of the Peace 504-887-0379
    Judge Mary Kay Norman 504-368-4099

Non-Denominational
    Rev. Jerry Schwehm 504-578-8101 figstreet.com

• Options
    jeffbienjeffbien member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you mind sharing who the Marilyn is that did not arrive for your wedding?  We're considering a Marilyn for our officiant and want to make sure it's not the same person!  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards