Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Preliminary reviews

My daughter just got married March 3rd in Jackson Square and it was amazing.  I know she is going to be writing her own reviews but I have spent so much time on this board and have found it so helpful, I thought I would say a few things.  First of all,  a huge thank you to Brittani Adams of Unique Weddings.  We could not have pulled this off without her.  She kept us on track, handled all the  details (small and large)  and kept us calm when the weather threatened all our plans.  Brittani had everything arranged for rain or shine.  As it turned out, the rain did not materialize and we were able to go with our original plan but it was great to know we were completely covered either way.

Brittani made arrangements at the last minute for us to use a courtyard at Cafe Amelie for photos since the hotel where my daughter got ready did not have a "photogenic" one.  After speaking with Brittani, the owner/manager of Cafe Amelie invited us to use their courtyard and even served the bridal party champagne while pictures were being taken.  That is just one of the many things that Brittani took care of.    Everything at the park ran smoothly - the band was great, the sound system was a must - and Unique Weddings took care of it all.

The next vendor that I really want to thank is Studio Tran.  Corine did an amazing job.  I am including a link to a photo album I started on facebook which includes  two amazing pictures that she took and posted on her facebook page - one with sparklers taken with time lapse photography and one taken in the park. 

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.286811154724034.68298.100001854542524&type=3&l=19bfa15b8b

I can't wait to see the rest.

Next, Bella Blooms did a remarkable job on the flowers and decor at the reception which was held at Pat O's on the River.  I could not believe how wonderful everything looked.  Brittani recommended this florist and we couldn't have been happier.  The setting was absolutely magical.  I could not believe how the flowers, candles, lights and mirrors transformed everything.  It far exceeded my expectations.

Everyone had a blast.  Pat O's was perfect.  The kids made the decision to skip linens and chair covers and the copper top tables and piano were magnificent.  The view was wonderful, the food was great and the bar was a blast.

I'm sorry I don't know the name of the DJ.  He was great - again someone that Brittani recommended.  My daughter will have to fill in the rest of the details.
Her dress was purchased in Atlanta at Running of the Brides (which I understand is no more).  Bridesmaid dresses were ordered through RK Bridals in New York.  The groom made the arrangements for the suits in Memphis. 

Haydels did the cake as part of the Pat O's package.  It was beautiful and tasted great.  They also did a cannoli tower that was fabulous.  The cannolis were filled with praline cream and were out of this world. 

Before I forget, the rehearsal dinner and welcome party for all out of town guests were held at Tujagues.  We had a great room with a balcony overlooking Decatur.  They were extremely easy to work with and very accommodating.  We had a video that we played at the RD and they had all the elctronics for it.  The groom and best man went by early expecting to have to at least provide cables but everything was there.  They let us in early so that we could hang lanterns, etc.
The food and service were good and I would highly recommend them.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on the board.  It has been so much fun.

Re: Preliminary reviews

• Options
    Congratulations to your daughter.  It looked like a beautiful wedding.
  • Options
    I've been following some of your posts since I'm also a JS bride, I'm so glad to hear everything went so well. Congrats!

Quick question- how many guests did you have at the park, and did you feel like the space was awkward at all? I'm just a little concerned about the shape of the pavement for chairs.

Also- did you have any issues with random strangers wandering in or anything like that?

Thanks so much! Congrats again!
  • Options
    There were about 150 guests.  I'm not sure how many chairs were set up but everyone had a seat.  The space was not awkward at all.  The planner really handled everything.  We literally just showed up.  I believe the park was locked after we entered.  The planner had a staff there and I think they shooed out stragglers.  I remember seeing a lot of people watching from the other side of the fence but I didn't see anyone in the immediate area who wasn't supposed to be there.    There were 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen, so we were a fairly large party.  

The photographer told us in advance where she wanted us after the ceremony.  The planner had someone serving drinks in the park while photos were being taken.  The officiant basically made an announcement at the end, inviting guests to have a drink and wait in a section of the park while we finished up the pictures.  A lot were taken ahead of time but the bride and groom chose not to do a "first look" so there were some photos that needed to be taken after the ceremony.   We then second lined around and to Pat O's.   I have heard nothing but positive comments from everyone about the 2nd line.  Everyone thought that was a lot of fun even though it was pretty cold that day.

You will definitely need a sound system.  The fountain and wind are noisy.  I had worried because at the rehearsal, there was a lot of noise coming from street musicians and vendors on the periphery of the park.  I don't know whether the city does something when a permit is pulled or if the planner took care of it, but there were no musicians, or loud distractions around the park.  Again, not sure if it was a coincidence or iif it is included in the permit cost, or (I suspect the wedding planner) but the church bells pealed and played beautifully just moments before my daughter entered the park.  it couldn't have been more perfect.
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Congratulations!  Looks like everything turned out beautifully!
  • Options
    Congrats!! It looks beautiful! I cannot wait to work with Studio Tran for my wedding!!
  • Options
    You won't be disappointed.  They did a great job on the engagement photos.  I particulary love the photo with the veil blowing in the breeze. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards