Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Bourbon Orleans Hotel?

Is anyone here planning a wedding at the Bourbon Orleans soon?  Or recently had one there?  Mine is scheduled there in April, and it seems there have been some staff changes recently that have me very worried!  If you have experience with them, please let me know.  Thanks!

Re: Bourbon Orleans Hotel?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe your Wedding Coordinator can help you out with that, if you have one. They usually keep that info on hand or at the very least hears the "gossip". But I'm sure your wedding will still be beautiful :~}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is going to be there next April.  :) Claudia helped us out when we visited back in January. Is she not there anymore?  We hired a planner so I'm not too worried if there have been major staff changes.  Did you try and reach out to them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's gone, Kristi Ord is gone, Russ (the sales manager) is gone, and they have a temporary person from out of state (a "Task Force" member) handling things in the interim.  They are hiring a new person who starts Monday.  My wedding is a week from today.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Up until now it has been a tremendous mess, but I am still holding out hope they will get it all together in time.  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    awichtawicht member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is there in September. I LOVED Claudia, but now I'm on their third wedding coordinator and am planning from out of state. It is an absolute mess over there.  They forget to charge our card for deposits, are now trying to charge me additional money per person for the new package prices, though I contracted with them last year.  I have been in touch with like at least five people and get different answers from each of them. SImply not worth the trouble! I do hope things start looking up soon or I fear I will have a giant mess on my hands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awicht - Who are you working with over there now?  They had hired a new girl the week of my wedding (4/16), and she was completely clueless.  I just got a big bill from them too.  Two months post-wedding, and I'm still in shock at what a DISASTER that place is!

FYI, I had to refer them back to my contract several times to keep them from charging me for things inappropriately.  Keep a copy of yours handy, and don't let them tell you they can't uphold previous promises.  Good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything or answer any questions.  Don't freak out, just be very careful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards