Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Wedding Dress Help!

I am visitng my family this month and would love to shop for a wedding dress while I'm in New Orleans. I am not familiar with the area so does anyone have any suggestions in the New Orleans - Covington area for wedding dress stores? Thank you so  much!!

Re: Wedding Dress Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Bridal Boutique by MAEME on Severn Ave in Metairie, right by Lakeside.  Or Town and Country on St. Charles but you have to have an appointment there.

• Options
    MMLM2012MMLM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Yvonne and also had the best experience I could have asked for. Private appointments so you are the only bride being helped in the entire store, the shop is old and classic, and the dresses are beautiful and reasonably priced. There are some comments that apparently she buys dresses for less and then marks them up with her label on it...but if that's true, it personally didn't bother me, as my dress turned out to be under budget anyway. I found the service to be incredible, got the absolute PERFECT dress at an amazing price, and once I decided it was the one they opened champagne for us! So fun.

I also went to Town and Country and Bustles and Bows.... Yvonne was by far the best in my experience!

Good luck and enjoy!
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like Bridal Boutique by Mae Me in Metairie and Olivier Couture in Mandeville. Maybe also check out Wedding Belles on Magazine. Bridal Manor is going out of business on January 18 and everything left is 80% off. They are located in old town Covington.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a great deal on my dress at Pearls Place in Metairie. The service is horrible, but if you are on a budget, its a great place to get an amazing dress for a good price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to try Yvonne Lafleur's. My sister got her dress there and loved it. 
    I got my dress at Town and Country on St. Charles and I adore Lisa Swords (the owner)! She's wonderful to work with.
    Don't think you need an appt during the week at T&C. I've walked in several times.
    Good Luck shopping and most of all... Have Fun!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely recommend Town and Country on St. Charles, I got my dress there and I really loved their dress selection, they had a lot of beautiful gowns in different price ranges.
    Also, as someone else mentioned, I would check out Yvonne Lafleur's. I didn't know about her until after I got married, but when I saw her shop I loved looking around in there! She has a lot (all?) of her wedding gowns hanging from the ceiling!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bustles and Bows or Wedding Belles
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards