Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Pretty Courtyards for Ceremony AND Reception?

We're hosting our wedding in Oct 2012 and are in search of a pretty courtyard in the French Quarter to hold the ceremony and reception in. It's gonna be a very small affair with a max of 40 guests. So I don't want anything huge like some of the hotels have.

It can be at a hotel, B&B or restaurant. I just don't want the size of the courtyard to overwhelm our tiny party.

Anyone know of some good places? I'm making a list so we can scout them out in the next month or two.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pretty Courtyards for Ceremony AND Reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maison Dupuy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Hermann-Grima House courtyard.  Ralph Brennan events coordinates for weddings there so the food should be pretty good.  We ultimately decided to have our reception somewhere else, but we are doing our ceremony there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    asd2011asd2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bourbon Orleans has a great Courtyard area that caters to groups under 75 people.  If you're doing a daytime or Sunday wedding, they are also pretty flexible with their minimums.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I'll be checking into these. :-)

Still have plenty of room on my list of anyone wants to add anything?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    House of Blues has VooDoo garden that can fit your wedding just perfectly!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mab87mab87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Maison Dupuy!! It is absolutely gorgeous! My brother and sister-in-law had their ceremony in the courtyard in front of the fountain and had their reception in the ballroom next to the pool. They had 200 guest but you could have the reception right by the fountian for a smaller affair. They also have weddings by the carriage house for smaller events and it is just as beautiful! Good Luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DenyseSDenyseS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The St. Louis hotel has a wonderful courtyard it is bigger but so nice I don't think it would overwhelm 40.  I also second the bourbon orleans that is where I am getting married in the St. Ann's courtyard and they also do ceremony's in the pool courtyard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards