Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Up Dos for I Dos vs. Nicole Palermo vs. a salon near Towson?

Anyone know what would be better? I'm trying to figure out hair/makeup and I don't know if I should go to a salon or not. Up Dos for I Dos seems pretty good for hair but I'm not so sure for makeup. Is Nicole Palermo better or are they comparable? Is there some awesome salon that I should look into?

Re: Up Dos for I Dos vs. Nicole Palermo vs. a salon near Towson?

• Options
    iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was glad that I picked someone that came to me to do hair and makeup where I was getting ready/married rather than to have to go somewhere. It made it easier for me and the wedding day less stressful - anything that makes that day less stressful is good!

I looked into Updo's for I do's but they were booked, I think. I ended up going with Baltimore Bridal Hair and Makeup, and I'm glad I did, they did a great job :)
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have up dos for i dos booked for my wedding makeup.  They are awesome!  I am having a friend do my hair.  Nicole is highly recommended though.  She prob. books up fast since it is just her so depending on when your wedding is, I would call her to see if she is still available. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using up do's but havent had my wedding yet - so no feedback.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both Nicole and Up Dos get great reviews on here - so I'm not sure that one would be "better" in the end than the other.  I think it depends on your personal style and what look you're going for. 

As far as salon vs. someone that will come to you, I have to agree with pp and say that hands down, it is so nice to have someone come to you.  There are so many variables on your wedding day and removing any that you can is definitely worthwhile.  I was lucky and my mom is a hairdresser, so I got to sit back in my hotel room and get ready at my leisure.  I definitely would not have wanted to be rushing around town to appointments.  That being said, I know tons of girls do it and it works out well.  Ask yourself what you want for your day and that is the way to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with kimbrout - having someone come to you is best way to go (IMO).  It takes away one more stressor and you don't have to worry about driving somewhere, running late...etc.  I used the person that typically cuts my hair for my hair and she came to us (with another girl) and did everyone's hair at the hotel.  It was relaxing and fun.

We also used Up Dos for makeup and couldn't have been happier.  I've used Nicole in the past and she's fabulous too.  Price wise - they're comparable.
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Nicole for make-up for my wedding, and I'm so glad that I did.  She is amazing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards