Maryland-Baltimore

Honeymoon Recap

There was a big snag right away - well more than a snag actually... we were supposed to leave from TV for the airport by 7:30 am for our 10:30 am flight but as we're walking out the door of TV, DH gets a phone call saying our flight to Cancun is CANCELLED b/c of Hurricane Ida. We were floored. This happened to us in 2005 when trying to fly to Miami for a cruise. You woudn't think it would happen twice. Because of all the wedding chaos we didn't check the weather in Mexico and didn't even know about the hurricane. So DH spent all day on the phone trying to get us another flight out. I on the other hand went to Patient First to get treated for my awful sore throat. Thank goodness I did b/c I really needed an antibiotic. I had a fever and all. How bad would that have been to need to get medical treatment in Mexico? Not fun. So maybe it all worked out in the end. But anyway, DH finally got us a flight to Cancun for Monday AM and we spent Sunday night at home. 

We had to be at BWI at 4 am and didn't arrive to Secrets Maroma Beach until 6 pm after a 5 hour layover in Atlanta and long lines at customs. Plus, our driver wasn't informed that our flight had been changed so we were delayed a little dealing with that too. But once we got to Secrets, it was amazing and so worth it. The beach was truly beautiful. There was a topless resort right next door to Secrets which was interesting because it was a family resort with kids and ours was adults only and no one was topless but it didn't bother us one bit. The mosquitoes were kind of bad the first day but the rest of the days were a little windier so the bugs weren't bad at all. We just didn't spend much time outside in the evenings, when they were worse. The food was great. We ate and drank a lot. The room service door was amazing! We used it every day for our fourth meal. The breakfast buffet was out of this world, as was the lunch buffet. And there were plenty of nice restaurants for dinner. Our room had a nice big jacuzzi tub in it (I think all of them did). I used that everyday too! We really had such a great time. We were very tired from the wedding so we just laid around, ate, drank, read, and swam most days. Oh yeah, the pools were beautiful too. Each day was perfect weather... only a few showers here and there. We did visit Playa del Carmen one day. That was fun! We took a cab there. But honestly there were plenty of activities right in the resort to keep everyone busy. Our favorite event was American Idol (winner got a free 4 night stay!!).

I definitely recommend this resort!

Re: Honeymoon Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards