Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Who is doing your hair and make-up?

Good morning!  I am in the process of looking for both hair and make-up vendors who can travel to our hotel room to do hair for myself and my 8 bridesmaids and make-up for me.  I've tried Nicole Palermo/Mindy Whalen and Baltimore Bridal, which were both recommended to me, but they are booked!  I also have to say that I'm shocked at some of the prices that are charged for the bride's hair, especially since I want to wear mine down.  I realize that the trial is usually included, but some of them seem a little pricey.

Who are you using for hair and/or make-up?  Or who do you recommend from past experience, other weddings, etc?

Thank you!! :)

Re: Who is doing your hair and make-up?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the same place for hair and makup, and also Ashley at Up-Do's for I Do's.  Their prices are pretty similar, and I agree it's a little overwhelmingly high, but I'm trying to convince myself that it's worth it for something that I absolutely want done right since the pictures last forever.  Both of them are highly recommended on this board so I'd fell confident using either.

My backup plan is to go to About Faces Salon, since there's one near my house and I was already planning on getting some other services done there for the wedding.  They are much cheaper, though they charge full price for trials (still cheaper overall than the others); I just worry that they're not 'wedding experts'.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to about faces for hair and makeup for my friends wedding.  I was a bridesmaid.  They did all 6 of the girls as well as the bride and everything came out fantastic.    I am having the lady who has done my hair for the past 8 years do mine for the wedding, however I'm looking for someone for makeup as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_doing-hair-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:0f264088-6813-4ddf-a08f-9b428c6cb7fePost:ba8a5d64-8b7f-4d25-b73d-e827c1d75a9c">Re: Who is doing your hair and make-up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to about faces for hair and makeup for my friends wedding.  I was a bridesmaid.  They did all 6 of the girls as well as the bride and everything came out fantastic.    I am having the lady who has done my hair for the past 8 years do mine for the wedding, however I'm looking for someone for makeup as well.
    Posted by strawberrycrz[/QUOTE]

Good to know - I'm really leaning this direction now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my regular stylist do my hair, information is in my bio.  Nicole Palermo is doing my makeup.  

Also checkout Amie Decker for makeup, I believe her team may or may not have a hair stylist.  A lot of girls on here have used and loved her.  Her prices are similar in style to Baltimore Bridal and to Up Do's, I believe.  

If you're from Harford County, there's also Jordan Thomas Salon and Michael's Hair Studio.  My hair stylist is at Michael's and that's where we'll be going on my wedding day.  I have several friends and acquaintances who have used Jordan Thomas, as well, and have been very happy.  Feel free to PM me or e-mail me if you want... my best friend and I were just sitting down this weekend to figure some of this stuff out and I can give you more specifics.  

I think a lot of people like Broccato's (sp??) in Canton, as well?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm still looking for hair (probably not saying it's for a wedding though. I'm doing only half-up), but my sister is doing my make-up. I know that's not much help!
    planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Ashley and Danielle from Up Do's For I Do's.  I recently had my hair and make-up trial and was very happy with the results.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to let you know that if you decide to contact Up Do's for I Do's you should do it asap.  I was going to use them, however, there wasn't many openings for hair trials. I forgot the girl's name that was available on my wedding day (it wasn't Ashley though who is mentioned a lot on here).  They didn't have many dates and the few dates they had available I wasn't able to attend bc of work.  I was in contact with Ashley who seemed very nice but could not work anything out with me.  The only thing she offered was for me to sign a contract now and have my hair trial in May.  My wedding is the first week of June and I do not feel comfortable signing a contract when I haven't seen the person's work.  Also, I didn't like the idea of having a hair trial 2-3 weeks before my wedding.

I hear a lot of great things about them (especially Ashley) and they must be good if they are so booked up.  So if you are interested, I would recommend to contat them asap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jackie Messman did hair AND makeup.  She is out of Headlines on Bel Air Road.  She has her own business--Bridal Hair Design or something like that.  She was GREAT and is usually available!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards