Ohio-Columbus
Options

Rustic Venues

My fiance and I are looking for a Rustic venue for our reception Closest to Delaware, OH. I have looked at a few places near by but not sure its exactly what i am looking for.  Any ideas??

Re: Rustic Venues

• Options
    Look at Glenross Country Club or Oakhaven. I looked at Glenross and they have a pretty reception area that could definately be dressed up rusticly (stone and wood building materials). I am using Brookshire, which probably doesn't fit "rustic" but it might be worth checking out. The other thing that might be worth looking into is Liberty Presbyterian Church on Olentangy RIver Road. I think they have reception areas, but I have no idea what kind of rules they have associated with it. It's a big old church that looks like a barn and is the first thing I think of with "rustic" near Delaware. If you're willing to travel a bit, Everal Barn in Westerville is great. Depending on what you want too, you can also look into Delaware State Park or Mingo, those would be for a more picknic style though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jorgensen's organic farm in Westerville is a great location.  Two Caterers is the only caterer for the site, and you can see pictures on their website.  We felt it was a little too rustic for our tastes -- you have to get porta-potties, etc.  We went with the Amelita Mirola Barn in Upper Arlington.  It has the rustic feel with all the modern amenities you want.
  • Options
    I'm in love with our venue: White Star Farm in London, OH. It's a barn but it has nice bathrooms and a kitchen for the caterer to prep in!
  • Options
    We looked at Jorgensen's Farm. It is VERY rustic if that's what you're going for. It also didn't set enough people for us. But it is a really neat location. You also get to rent one of their houses, can use an outdoor kitchen area, and there are animals!
     There is the Amelita Mirolo Barn in UA. This is where my wedding and reception will be. It has an old barn connected to a new barn to give a rustic feel while still feeling like a fresh location as well. Plus its on a park so kiddos can run wild! 
    There is another barn up north of 270 like in Westerville but I can't remember what it is called. I do know they don't let you have alcohol at that venue, which is why we didn't look at it.
  • Options
    Camp Mary Orton (off 23 in Worthington right near 270) rents out their lodge for weddings.  It looked really pretty but was much too big for what we are going for.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Camp Mary Orton in May 2013. They are currently adding on to the lodge for restrooms and it will be completed this summer! Its a great venue and really flexible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards