Ohio-Columbus
Options

I Need Ceremony Music! help please

hi there - who have you all used for your ceremony music that didn't break the bank? We are on a budget but I want ceremony music. I am fine with even using only one or 2 musicians rather than a whole band of people. I tried to reach out to my local colleges here to see if I could get a student musicians but they charge a lot more than I expected. Any ideas??

Re: I Need Ceremony Music! help please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married?

We got married in a church and used our church musician. Even if you aren't getting married in a church, there are a lot of people who play for various churches in the area that would probably also be willing to do an outdoor or non-church wedding. Do you have any friends that attend churches that they could possibly ask someone there if they would be willing to play for your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your budget is exactly, but we went through Fermata. It's a guy who puts together musical groups and ensambles for pretty much anything from single musicians, to duos, to quartets and bands. We are getting a harp/violin duo for our ceremony through them. They have a website...not sure what it is offhand, but I'm sure you could Google it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married outdoors at Bent Tree Golf Club - I was looking for a harpist and violinist also so I'm definitely going to check them our. Are they affordable?? thanks for the input!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we are paying $580...I thought that was pretty reasonable. And we had a chance to meet with the head guy of Fermata when we went to a bridal show back at the beginning of the year and he says he only has the best. There was a string quartet playing during the show and they were very good. If you go to the Fermata website (if you haven't already, lol), you can sample each group. The harp/violin duo is a $100 deposit and the rest is due, like, 3 weeks before the wedding..I'm pretty sure of that. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AlliD11, I just got married outdoors at Bent Tree in August!  For our ceremony music and cocktail hour music we used Seranata Duo.  They are a flute and acoustic guitar duo.  I was very happy with them!  In my planning bio, I have more information and a link to their website.  I thought they were reasonably priced.  We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Bent Tree, Jackie and Bret are great! Good luck with your planning.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BCsGal  -  You just got married there too?? If you  have pictures of the reception room & the outdoor ceremony would you email me them? I'm dying to see what it would look like with a real wedding! lol if you don't mind sending them to me, my email is luckychik11@gmail.com.
    thanks for the suggestion on the ceremony musicians! I'm going to check them out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards