Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Hit in the chin with a softball! PIP

Holy crap! So in the last game I was going to play before the wedding I get hit square in the chin with a softball!!! Geez, just my luck with 20 (now 17) days to go! The sane part of me knows it will be cleared up, but I can't help freaking out! Let alone I have to walk around at work with people staring at me wondering what happened instead of just asking. Hopefully this pic works (this is after a lot of swelling went down):[img]http://tinyurl.com/myv8zd[/img]

Re: Hit in the chin with a softball! PIP

• Options
    HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg!  That looks painful.  20 days will be enough time for it to go away.  Don't worry!  On a related note, I played in a softball tourney this weekend and a guy playing third took a bad hop to the boys.  It was so swollen that he went to the emergency room and has to have surgery this week to have one removed.  Can you imagine??!!  Is slo pitch softball really this dangerous?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg Hoosier, that's terrible, I feel bad for that guy!  Sunday was a bad day for softball players! At our same game we had a wasp's nest in one of the poles and 4 people got stung within like 10 mins!
  • Options
    vjcjenn1vjcjenn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG...yes you will be fine by wedding day, but my team sat me out a few games for just this reason!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes that looks painful! But it will definitely be fine by the wedding, I definitely would avoid any fast moving objects between now and then though!
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That does look like it hurts.  Just keep icing it. (mmm icing)  Sorry.  It'll definitely be better by the wedding. Erin - Your response reminded me of the line in Clueless - 'My doctor said I should avoid anything where balls fly at my face'  'There goes your social life'  I love that movie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OUCH! I am showing this to FI, he has been trying to get me to play softball all summer on a league and I think he will be convinced it's not a good idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You poor thing! That looks painful! I agree with all PP'ers this will be fine by the big day:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there, i'm a former Knottie now an occasional nestie. I'm pretty sure your chin will clear before your big day.Where do all of you girls play softball at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We play in a Parkville coed league. It's a pretty laid back league.  I don't know the details, my FI does it, but let me know if you want any details.
  • Options
    HoosierTerpHoosierTerp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I play in the BSSC league and in CAN (capital alumni network).  70 college alumni teams.  We play down on the mall in DC though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I watched the Parkville Coed tournament this past Sunday. my husband actually played with his job. besided it being really hot, it was fun to watch.I also play tournament ball on a womens team.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And yes, slowpitch can be very dangerous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards