Maryland-Baltimore

Help! Major issue :(- long

i will try to keep this as simple as possible. I am getting married and have reception at a golf club. We were supposed to have the ceremony site, patio, bar and ball room in the cost of my rental etc. Well the patio and the ceremony site are right next to each other. MAYBE a 10 foot seperation. Well today while my wedding planner was trying to figure out decorations for the area the guy advises that no we cannot have the patio they need somewhere for the golfers to go. Well my ceremony is so close to the patio i just feel like I dont really want golfers having dinner behind my ceremony! They cannot go into the bar area because that will be shut off for the crew to be setting up etc for cocktail time and dinner. So now i have to look for another ceremony site. I need something in the annapolis/millersville/davidsonville area. I need something with access to an indoor and outdoor site in the event of rain, but prefer an outdoor location. Im not too picky about if its rustic, on the water whatever. I just need to find a place. Do you gals have any suggestions?? Thanks!! Sorry this was so longTLB

Re: Help! Major issue :(- long

• edited December 2011
    My friend got married at Historic London Town and Gardens in Edgewater. They got married outside, on the pier and had the reception indoors. She was very pleased with everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That sucks major - not a lot of time to look around. I love Heidi's (Highdee) venue - Eastern Yacht Club. It looks like a great spot. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not trying to downplay your concerns, but I would probably opt to give your original venue a second chance.  From the pictures it looks like a beautiful spot, and I can't see any patio in the pics you have, so I am guessing it is off to the side or behind it, so they wouldn't be in pics...just more of an audience.  Maybe just talk to the venue again (if you haven't already) and see what issues have come up with the ceremonies held there in the past (noise, etc.).  I only suggest this because a new place would mean more money and a added inconvenience.  Just my thoughts.
  • edited December 2011
    agreed. The reception wouldnt change because we already have that all taken care of etc. It would just be the ceremony. Only 25 guests are coming to ceremony and the other 125 reception only- so only change is for 25 guests. I do want to give current venue a 2nd chance, but when they say "the golfers are paying 100.00 and have to have somewhere to go" (even if its the patio during my wedding) frustrates me! What about the 10-15k im paying? Maybe im over thinking this, but the ceremony is the most important part. the patio does sit behind the ceremony, and I willhave to walk "through" it to get down the aisle so there where be photos :( based on FMIL - apparently its all me and im having a very bridezilla moment :( Who knows
  • budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    sorry, I misread your post - and you clearly said you were looking for a new place for your ceremony. I'll go back to work now.....:(
  • edited December 2011
    haha your fine budgetmama ":) no worries! Thanks for your insight I need all i can get!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I also think it's pretty crappy of them to do this to you for all the money you're paying! I'm sorry you have to make this tough decision!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with JVeaux...I'd be really ticked if my coordinator said to me, "they golfers are paying $100 so they need somewhere to go"...UM, you're hosting your WEDDING there and they're going to act like that?That's annoying.  You have a right to be venting!Good luck.  I hope that can be ironed out!
  • weezie825weezie825 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Does your contract guarentee that you are suppossed to have the patio? If it does, then it sounds to me like it is THEIR problem to find somewhere else for the golfers to go... If you relocate your ceremony, I would ask them for some kind of compensation since you will not have the use of something that you paid for.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little confused at how they don't have a better plan for this.  Being a golf club that also hosts weddings, you'd think they would have an alternate bar or something for the golfers to go thats more convenient.  I don't have any suggestions but I am sorry this has happened to you, and hope you can work it out with your current venue!
    *Erin*

MyBio image

• devinrldevinrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there anyway the venue would give you names of other couples who got married there? Maybe talking to someone who has already been through it at that site will ease your worries. If she says that the golfers were not a problem at all and did not affect the ceremony, then maybe you'll feel better about it. Otherwise, I don't know how religious you are but maybe a church/synogague would be an option for you? I know a lot of people have their ceremonies at a place like that. My only other thought is that maybe the venue will let you set up a seperate tent somewhere else on their property and you could do the ceremony there! I hope everything works out asap!
  • edited December 2011
    Lurking MIL here!  I still check in once in awhile and hope that you will welcome my thoughts.Married 37 years this summer, one of my favorite pictures is the face of a little girl who stopped to watch as I arrived at my ceremony site.One of my favorite memories of DS's reception is a venue staff member dancing in an alcove that only few could see.Totally unexpected and so funny!  Have the photographer take a picture of the golfers.  If some are watching, perhaps they are remembering walking their daughter down the aisle, watching their future wife walk up to them or dreaming of a future wedding for a young daughter or granddaughter.  A picture of their expressions will make you smile one day!Besides, if you have golfers, you are having your wedding outside on a beautiful day!!Enjoy!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with what weezie says. My cousin had her wedding there in October of last year and while there were no golfers around, the patio is where the DJ set up. I don't think she really has any pictures of the patio or anything on it.  If you don't want pictures of the golfers on the patio, you could meet with your photographer ahead of time and explain to them the situation and I am sure they can work something out where they are at an angle to get you and not the golfers. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    jubilou - I like your thoughts on this one, they made me smile.  and I love your last line...catchtanya - I hope you have beautiful golf weather on your wedding day!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I knew you all would calm me down :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Celebrations on the Bay in Pasadena. You should check it out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers My bio Last Updated: 12/1/09 http://tinyurl.com/7zz6z7u
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards