Maryland-Baltimore

no inner envelopes for invitations

We don't have inner envelopes that we can use to address exactly who is invited to the wedding. Has anyone else done this? I'm trying to figure out where would we put "and guest" or list the names of the older children that are invited. I think someone did this on the response cards? Any examples you can give would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Re: no inner envelopes for invitations

• edited December 2011
    Our invitations are the ones were you don't need any type of envelope at all.  The guest will just tear off the RSVP card and mail that back.  I just put the "and guest" on the outer part of the invite.  For ex.Mr. John Smith and Guest123 Wedding LaneBaltimore, Maryland 21128
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We did not have inner envelopes - if we knew the guest's name, if we didn't know the name we put "and guest" or children invited under the age of 18 were all on the outer envelope.  We thought about doing rsvp cards where you put "           seats have been reserved in your name" or however you word it but it just seemed like less of a hassle if we just spelled everything out on the outer envelope.
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have inner envelopes either. Like was said above, if we knew the guest, we would put Mr. John Smith and Ms. Kathy Jones. If we didn't, it would just be Mr. John Smith and Guest. If it was a family, all names went on the outer envelope. For example, Mr. and Mrs. John Smith (first line) Tom and Sue Smith (second line)..address etc. I think people will get the idea. I've already had one friend email and ask if he could bring a date even though his envelope was clearly just addressed to him..guys...haha.
  • 2have2hold2have2hold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On our response cards we put:We have reserved ( ) seats in your honor. And then at the bottom, we asked them to write the names of the guests of those attending (for the place cards)I'll attempt to post a pic of my digital file[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/l9oboa" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/l9oboa</a>[/img]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards