Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Registry help

So I was just told via FI that we need to create our registry ASAP, like this week. We both have houses with full kitchens, etc. Of course everything we have is old and cheap (towels, linens, dishes, etc). However, we also are in the process of trying to sell both our houses and don't have room to store a lot of new stuff. Our "goal" was to sell both our houses and move into a new one prior to the wedding. The current housing market didn't cooperate. So, can you give me any ideas on what to register for? Is it really tacky to include gift cards in the registry?

Re: Registry help

• Options
    bethybeachbethybeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the exact same boat.  I have no idea what to do.  I don't think I will know until we find a house. I figure though I can always get towels I like find a dish set I like.  But other than that I have no idea.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Registering for a new set of dishes is a good idea. A nice full set where everything matches, lol.  IMO, this is a good opportunity to upgrade what you currently have! And I don't think it's tacky to include gift cards.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w -- BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w -- BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d -- BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    BabyFruit Ticker

Decorate This
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    most of the time when you set up a registry you can have the option to have gift cards available...it's at the end of the registry and it doesn't look like you actually registered for guft cards.  I would recommend new sheets/bed linens as well...after all you're starting a new life together in your new home...it would be nice having a new room to represent both of you...and nice new towels are great too!
  • Options
    Snowhte21Snowhte21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were in the same boat, we had a lot of stuff already but most of it was old and needed to be updated. Registering for new towels, linens, pots/pans and any new appliances may be a good idea. We also registered for some gift cards and got those as well.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards