Ohio-Columbus
Options

The Westin Columbus

Anyone getting married there?  Have you been to any weddings there?  Any reviews would be appreciated!

Re: The Westin Columbus

• Options
    I just went to a wedding there this past Saturday. It was very gorgeous!! I'm not really sure of the price range, but it did seem rather pricey. Parking was slightly annoying, just because you had to either pay for valet, or pay to park in a lot or garage across the street. The ballroom I was in definitely didn't need many decorations, as there were gorgeous lights and mirrors all around that really made the place look beautiful! :)

Just a little side note too: The DJ that was there either didn't have great equipment, or the acoustics in the room were very poor. I could hardly hear anything anyone had to say the whole night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the note about the DJ.  I'm having my wedding there and will be sure to find DJs who have worked receptions there before!  Do you happen to remember the company?/ Just to make sure I don't go with them...
  • Options
    We are planning an October wedding at the Westin.  We love the ballroom and the staff there has been very helpful.  We went to a wedding there back in April and had the best time ever.

So here are my notes so far:

Parking isn't a big hassle.  As Futurebale07 says you can valet (which is pricy) or you can park across the street for $2 on weekends I think.  Unless there is a blizzard that day its not a hassle at all.

Yeah its not the cheapest place in the city to have a reception.  But they don't nickle and dime you like some other places.  And you don't really need any decor as the ballroom doesn't need much.  (We are going to do some lighting but that's it) We booked it mainly because it doesn't look like a hotel ballroom!  That was big for us.

The Westin has a preferred vendors list and has 2 or 3 DJs listed on it.  The DJ that we saw back in Apil was on the Westin's list and was the main reason that reception was so great.  So we contacted them, meet them, and booked them!  They were a lot of fun but not pushy at all- which we liked too.  We just felt better about having someone that 1) we had seen before and 2) that was very familiar with the Westin.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding there last year & it was gorgeous.  I didn't notice any problem with the sound, but parking was an issue.  I parked in the City Center garage across the street & parking was $7 on a Saturday night!  Parking was too much - I felt like it should have been part of the package or at least discounted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards